Local Talk

Introducing Myself

(14 Posts)
crazygracieuk Wed 06-Jul-11 19:18:49

Hi everyone.

We are moving to MK from London over the summer holidays because we've bought a house in Tattenhoe.

Really excited and scared!!!

Waiting for our primary school appeal date at the moment and for the last 2 weeks of school to end here.

Are there many MNers on this board? Seems pretty quiet- is it more a lurker's board?

GoldenSnitch Sun 10-Jul-11 21:20:22

The MK local board is notoriously quiet - despite my best efforts sad - but welcome smile

Tattenhoe is a lovely area. Feel free to shout if you need anything

Lexiejack Mon 11-Jul-11 12:01:22

I live in mk! Helllooooo there doesn't seem to be many ppl from mk on here sad

GoldenSnitch Mon 11-Jul-11 15:42:39

There are a few MKMNers around but I have never been able to coax them onto the local site for very long.

It's a bit self perpetuating though, there are very few posts so no-one's around to post so there are very few posts.... I try to keep the 'What's on' stocked up but even I forget about the local site sometimes blush It'd be lovely to get a proper community going but I'm not sure how.

crazygracieuk Thu 14-Jul-11 07:35:46

I'll be looking through the What's On list as soon as we have a moving date. Thanks for replies.

I am here...hello!!
Sorry GoldenSnitch............I tend to lurk and look at the whats on rather than chat, but am up for more chatting grin

GoldenSnitch Thu 14-Jul-11 15:37:18

Yey for more chatting smile

I raided the Parks Trust website for stuff for the What's On listings the other day and put loads on! Anyone got anything else to add?

BellasYummyMummy Sat 20-Aug-11 21:05:48

hi!!! about to move to stony stratford in the next few weeks!! mega stressed as i have to try and get my 3 yr old into a preschool and worried there wont be spaces!! Hoping to meet some lovely mummies!

GoldenSnitch Sat 20-Aug-11 22:32:32

Hi BellasYummyMummy. Welcome to the MK board. Hope the move goes smoothly. If you need anything just start a thread and we'll do our best to help.

BellasYummyMummy Sun 21-Aug-11 06:29:29

Thanks goldensnitch!! Do you know where the best place to find reviews about schools in the area? I've tried looking at ofsted but the last report was 2008 i feel it's unreliable (and am praying that improvements have been made since then!!). I've started a topic so hopefully will hear from someone.

Is there a lot to do for little ones in the MK area?

GoldenSnitch Sun 21-Aug-11 21:42:25

Have you tried upmystreet.com? Schools don't get inspected by OFSTED every year but if the last one was 2008 then that school should be due another inspection soon I should think. My DS starts Primary this year so I spent lots of time trawling through reports at the end of last year when we were deciding but we live on the other side of MK so I didn't look into schools near you I'm afraid. I found that talking to the other Mums and the keyworkers at Pre school and going to visit the Schools helped a lot more than reports at the end of the day. When do you move? Will you have time to have a look round before you need to choose a place?

There is loads and loads to do with little ones in MK. I've added lots of things to the 'What's on' bit of the MK local page and I started a thread full of free things to do over the holidays too. There will still be lots to do when the schools go back too. The Parks Trust and The MK Play association run lots of (usually free) events, there are tonnes of toddler groups and classes, most of the libraries run Song and Rhyme times and there is a really nice soft play place called 360 Play. There are loads of parks, lots of which have play areas too.

What sorts of things are you looking to do? Maybe I can suggest some things to try for you?

NewportJo Mon 12-Sep-11 16:59:49

Hello
I live in Newport Pagnell and have an almost five year old who has just started primary school. I don't know many other local parents as most of our friends don't have children so I'd love to get to know some of you but don't that much time in the week as I've just gone back to work full time (eek).
Anyone out there in the same boat?

GoldenSnitch Tue 13-Sep-11 15:32:39

Which Primary School is your child at Jo? My DS has just started at Green Park...

ShariB Wed 21-Sep-11 16:03:37

Hi everyone and hi crazygracieuk. I am a bit of a lurker myself... soz! I moved to MK nearly 3 years ago just before my second son was born. Haven't managed a big circle of friends what with work and a 2 and 3 year old (sigh). I am in Shenley and my kids have started preschool in Tattenhoe in MK prep which they love. I love Milton Keynes and would love to make some more friends with kids...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now