Local Talk

What is Stantonbury like?

(5 Posts)
MyBump3 Mon 14-Nov-11 11:55:27

Hi,

I am looking into moving out of London with my 3 children to Stantonbury MK, what is it really like as I have read that it's not great.

Coming from London the area I live in is not the best so is Stantonbury really that bad?

Thanks in advance for any replies smile

GoldenSnitch Wed 16-Nov-11 18:13:07

I think if you're coming from a not so nice area of London then Stantonbury will be fine. It's not the nicest area of MK but it's by no means the worst either.

I think the major problem is the local school which is enormous (and also not good) meaning that there are quite a few teens roaming the area.

There is also a private school on the estate (now called The Webber School) and the houses around there are nicer.

The surrounding estates are much nicer IMO.

What made you choose Stantonbury?

BlackandGold Sun 20-Nov-11 19:50:53

Some of it is rather run down, especially the area around the Secondary school.

Did you visit before you agreed to move there or is it a house swap or something?

merimoreno Mon 12-Dec-11 18:41:42

Hello, i live here in Stantonbury.i don't like the area but i need to say that there are some others that are much worse than this one.it's just ok.

mkwife Tue 13-Dec-11 10:16:55

They are trying to do the area up, plans to build a big sainsburys and improve the local centre in 3 years time!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now