Local Talk

Anyone poorly with fever?

(5 Posts)
ShariB Mon 05-Mar-12 08:56:03

The whole has has got a weird fever which seems to come in waves every 24 hours or so - anyone else got this? Am sure DS picked it up from school...

Longtallsally Mon 05-Mar-12 08:59:13

It's in Oxford too, or at least something similar. BF had it two weeks ago, DH and DS1 had it last week, DS2 off this week. Seems to last 6 days - two days getting going, two days really ill, two or three days feeling very weak, with muscles aching afterwards. You feel bloody awful - BF never gets ill - but do get patches of feeling better. Middle two days are the worst. Awful cough with it too here.

Sympathy

ShariB Mon 05-Mar-12 13:07:24

Great sad! It is quite nasty as I pride myself on being a tough cookie but it has knocked me a bit ... and looking after the kids and husband all with it is a nightmare! I have never seen the kids sit/lie still for so long! I would have said it was flu but I had my vaccinations earlier this year as I do every year. My advice is to stay in and avoid any pale pasty people!!!

Longtallsally Tue 06-Mar-12 09:43:50

Hope you feel better soon. smile

ShariB Tue 06-Mar-12 16:18:04

Thanks Longtallsally. My husband and I are taking it in turns looking after the kids and resting ourselves. It is horrible seeing DS1 & DS2 so poorly. The cough is particularly nasty and the fever comes and goes. At least I might loose some weight as I haven't eaten for a few days now! every cloud hey wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now