Local Talk

30 year old mum in Broughton seeking new mummy friends for coffee & adult conversation!!

(5 Posts)
MissSP Thu 08-Mar-12 19:00:22

I am a stay at home mum of an 8 week old baby boy (first child) and I am looking to meet other mums in the local area for 'playdates', caffeine fixes and two way conversations! Happy to meet at locations / coffee shops in MK, or to arrange / attend coffee mornings. If interested, please get in touch.

GoldenSnitch Thu 08-Mar-12 21:50:02

Have a look for 'Push N Tone' in MK. It's a good way of getting out for a walk and meeting other new Mums. Most will have teeny babies and be on their first too. I met a lot of friends that way when I first had DS.

Pushchairs in the Park is also good. There's one every month in one of the local parks - I think the next one is on the 27th.

Have you tried a local parent and baby group? Baby massage class maybe?

If you're in Broughton, is MK Village Practice your Doctors? When I did my Antenatal classes there, the HV got everyone to swap numbers at the last class and we still stay in touch 5 years later! It's been lovely for the children to have lots of same age friends from being very tiny.

MissSP Mon 12-Mar-12 18:14:38

Thanks GoldenSnitch for the suggestions smile

We have been to Stay and Play at the Childrens Centre, but you have to remember to phone on a Thursday to book for the Monday, and with a baby brain I dont always manage this!

Our antenatal classes were not in Broughton (my husband needed an evening class to be able to attend) and we were unable to attend the last two, so we did not manage to keep in touch with the other couples.

I will have a look for Push N Tone and Pushchairs in the Park.

Also keen to meet up with other mums either at my home / theirs / in MK for coffee brew

GoldenSnitch Mon 12-Mar-12 21:30:00

Mine are 5 and 2 and probably a bit big and boisterous for what you're looking for.

Are you on Facebook? You could try a group called "Mum to Mum MK" to get some ideas for groups to join where you might meet some people. I know there's a new toddler group just started in either Kents Hill or Monkston which is supposed to be good.

MissSP Fri 16-Mar-12 18:23:42

Fantastic, thank you smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now