Local Talk

New start

(5 Posts)
K0404 Thu 29-Mar-12 16:50:15

Hi I'm thinking of moving to Milton Keynes can any body give me any nice places to consider. I've got a one year old lo and don't drive so need good public transport network. Would be sooooo gretfull for any info smile

GoldenSnitch Mon 02-Apr-12 21:56:00

Wanted to reply as this has been sat here for ages without one but I'm not sure how much help I can be as I don't tend to ever use the public transport in MK.

I've tried once or twice but I live on the outskirts of the town so getting the bus tends to be a bit of a pain.

The areas close to the centre tend to be the less nice areas of the city but you might be Ok with somewhere like Campbell Park or Oldbrook. Avoid Springfield, Fishermead, Coffee Hall etc as they are very run down.

Hopefully, now I've bumped this, someone will be along who can be a bit more helpful

SallyBear Wed 04-Apr-12 08:20:24

There are some beautiful places to live in MK and Public Transport is good. The No. 8 bus service is very direct and regular from the West Flank of MK to the City Centre. Parts of Bletchley (West) are quite nice and with good schools and playground etc. Try this link to MK Council transport. Great place to live!! grin

gymstars Sun 08-Apr-12 17:29:19

I can recommend Newport Pagnell, about 6 miles from City Centre. You can walk (10-15minutes) with a push chair to NP centre from most of the local estates- there's a bus from the farther reaches of the Poets Estate. Bus service 3 times per hour takes about 30 mins to Central MK- I agree with Golden Snitch-it's a pain! . All 4 local primary schools are pretty good. There's a swimming pool with toddler section. Quite a few decent cafe's,restaurants and pubs. Good range of housing from starter homes to exec.

GoldenSnitch Sun 08-Apr-12 20:24:46

I'm not far from Newport Pagnell gymstars which is probably why we agree on the buses being a pain - I think it's probably the same one which comes through here. DS goes to school in Newport Pagnell too smile

The good thing about NP is that because it's one of the original towns, it has a proper high street of it's own rather than just a local shop and pub like the newer estates so you can live without having to go into Central MK too often. There's a lovely looking farmers market on the last Friday (?) of every month too which I keep meaning to go to but keep missing. There's quite a few toddler groups too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now