Local Talk

New mum looking for support from other mums

(8 Posts)
Sezrah Sat 09-Jun-12 04:49:43

Hi, in have a 2 week ds and am looking for other mums in the area for support and friendship. My dh is going back to work next week so I am starting to worry about managing on my own. I have just joined a breast feeding support group at daisy chain nursery in west Bletchley, but all the bubs are weaned.
If anyone is in the same position the please get in touch.

MissMitten Sat 09-Jun-12 09:21:49

Hi, I'm not in Bletchley but in case no one gets back to you via this route, I really recommend going to mother and baby groups to meet people. Call up your local Sure Start centres and ask your health visitor to get details of groups. Local churches, salvation army, etc also often run groups. NCT might well run a local tea group. Sorry if you know all this already, but I didn't at the same stage as you and it took me a while to figure it all out.

Sezrah Sat 09-Jun-12 17:19:55

Thanks for taking the time to send your suggestions. I will see what's happening in my area.

JustJoan Sun 10-Jun-12 01:11:44

My friend goes to Saplings Surestart childrens centre. she always raves about them at
Knowles Nursery, Queensway.Bletchley
Milton Keynes MK2 2HB
Tel: 01908 378123

Copps Thu 04-Oct-12 11:42:36

Hi smile im in north MK with no car sad but am def up for meeting mums in the area!

caitlin100 Sat 17-Nov-12 11:22:49

Hi there i'm also west bletchley and attend the daisychain groups. My lo was one aug so a fair bit older than yours. We're always in and bored, especially in this weather!

Spamcakes Tue 11-Dec-12 12:09:51

I need to get my bum into gear & go to some of these groups. DS is nearly 7 months & I still haven't joined any groups! I'm in Bletchley so really must check out Daisy Chain & Saplings...

sophie90 Thu 03-Jan-13 11:02:14

i go to saplings in Bletchley but would be nice to meet some mums out and about too. mine are: DS 2yrs (nearly) and DD 2 months.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now