Local Talk

Hello Mumsnet Milton Keynes....we are back!!!

(7 Posts)
cupcakekid Fri 09-Nov-12 14:32:09

Welcome to the new Mumsnet Milton Keynes site - like it??

I'm your local editor, and with your help I'm hoping we can to make MN Milton Keynes a bubbling hub packed full with all the great things to do and see in MK.

Feel free to add business listings, toddler groups, afterschool/weekend classes, events on the 'whats on' page the list is endless!!

We also have our own facebook and twitter pages to fill up so we can chat everywhere!

cupcakekid Fri 09-Nov-12 23:42:14

Is anyone else back?

ZoeandBeans Wed 14-Nov-12 13:58:36

Good luck. I tried really, really hard as the old Tsarina but never really got anywhere. Hoping these new style pages will be easy to use and will help get some Mk Mums together

zipzapmk Wed 14-Nov-12 14:14:21

Good luck cupcakekid!

I've just had a quick nosy around, but to be honest, not sure how much I'll end up using it - there was a heck of a lot of clicking around to find information!

One of the good things about MN is that you can see what's there quite easily in the main site - here (and I'm guessing all other MN Local sites) I have to drill down through what seemed like pages and pages of pretty picture links to find stuff out like classes available etc but there's no indication that there's even going to be any content in it.

I will come back when I have more time and try to look around better, so might find out more then...

Will follow you on twitter though, so maybe will find myself being dragged back over here from that more.

Sorry, wasn't expecting to be quite so negative - but hadn't seen the new local pages until now.

And before I sign up on facebook - do you know, is it going to link back to my MN login in any way? Having carefully kept the two separate for years, I don't want my worlds to collide!

loobyloojay Wed 14-Nov-12 15:38:12

Hi, I'm back!!
What is the twitter name for us??

ZoeandBeans Wed 14-Nov-12 16:10:35

@MNMiltonKeynes

cupcakekid Wed 14-Nov-12 21:43:09

Hi All,

ZoeandBeans, zipzapmk and loobyloojay thanks for replying, I was getting lonely!!

Zipzapmk, thank you for all your comments, I agree there is quite a lot of clicking around and I guess that's because MN wanted things to sit better in categories. Sorry if you've clicked and got no content, I've been plugging all the info in myself and although it feels like I've done a lot there are so many categories that are empty esp. on 'On The High Street'. I'm always on the case so hopefully it fill up quickly, everyone also feel free to add whatever you want whenever you want. I've taken your comment to MNHQ to see if there is anything that can be done to show if there is no content yet to save people clicking.

Anyway feel free to let me know what works and what doesn't work for you and I'll see you on fb and twitter (as far as I know facebook doesn't link you to your Mumsnet login's).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now