Local Talk

Free drink & snacks and a bit of chat at Local Mumsnet meet-up

(20 Posts)
cupcakekid Fri 30-Nov-12 14:15:56

We'd like to trial an 'I need a babysitter/ dog walker/ plumber/ carpenter' gizmo here on our Milton Keynes site. First of all we want to organise a special Meet-up where local Mumsnetters come and tell us what they'd like from this sort of service. The lovely people at iNeed (our partners on this) would like to offer free coffees/ treats/ gin to get things rolling. The services gizmo chat would take around 15-30 minutes but then the rest of the meeting would just be a regular Mumsnet meet-up. Anyone interested?

Spamcakes Tue 11-Dec-12 12:08:03

Ahoy! I'm in! Esp if there's gin grin

cupcakekid Sun 16-Dec-12 11:29:53

Yeh......!!!! I don't feel lonely anymore! I'm sure we can find some gin.

It will be happening after Christmas now as everyone is busy with the festivities so a great way to see the new year in! Once I've fixed a date I'll post it on here.

Anyone else upfor it????

Spamcakes Tue 18-Dec-12 17:11:25

After Christmas is good, as long as I can still get away with wearing some ridiculous high heels and getting a bit tarted up!

cupcakekid Wed 19-Dec-12 11:57:33

High heels are a must and slap as much make up as you want!!!!

LolaCokaCola Wed 26-Dec-12 22:22:11

I'm interested grin though I can't manage high heels - are kitten heels aloud? grin

cupcakekid Fri 28-Dec-12 18:12:43

Everything's allowed - it's free drinks, come dressed as whatever you want!! I'll be confirming the date, time and venue with the iNeed people in early January when people are back at work. Hope you all had a lovely Christmas x

cupcakekid Mon 31-Dec-12 10:09:31

Ok, so far we have:

Cupcakekid
LolaCokaCola
Spamcakes
Sillybillywilly

Come on anymore for anymore? It will be a great way to meet new people and the start of many more meet up's. Ideas on the best place to hold it welcome.

sillybillywilly Tue 01-Jan-13 18:14:16

I haven't got a car so prefer somewhere easy to get to cmk? and during school hours.

sophie90 Wed 02-Jan-13 19:24:59

Is this suitable to bring the little ones? They're to young for school.

cupcakekid Thu 03-Jan-13 08:54:19

Hi sophie90,

It could be as long as we can get a child friendly place. Any suggestions?

ZoeandBeans Sat 05-Jan-13 17:03:29

I'm in!

Do we need somewhere we can hire out for our own use for meeting up with the iNeed people?

cupcakekid Sun 06-Jan-13 15:06:21

Great! I don't think so, just as long as we have enough room for us to talk and stuff. Maybe they could reserve a section for us.

ZoeandBeans Sun 06-Jan-13 16:25:05

Erm... Maybe Zizzi's would let us have their upstairs bit if we promised to buy a few pizzas? But then we have stairs to worry about with the little ones.

A pub isn't really going to be suitable either is it?

Would the Parks Trust let us use Cambell Park Pavillion?

cupcakekid Mon 07-Jan-13 10:35:32

Oh good idea! I'll find a contact for them & see, it's central MK aswell as good for everyone!

sillybillywilly Sun 20-Jan-13 21:02:11

Is this event going to happen? smile

cupcakekid Mon 21-Jan-13 11:31:31

Yes, I'm just waiting to hear back from the INeed people.

ineed Mon 25-Feb-13 12:40:44

Hi - it's Simon here from iNeed. Sorry about the delay - we were getting our latest funding - which we've not received so we can now do this !

Hope you're all still interested - when is looking like a good time for you all ?

We will be buying drinks and snacks so it's totally up to you when - naturally given the delay be great to do this soon.

Thanks so much - best, Simon

ineed Mon 25-Feb-13 12:41:58

Hi - just noticed a type - we HAVE received our funding - so we're busy building away on iNeed - hear from you soon I hope. Thanks, Simon

cupcakekid Tue 26-Feb-13 18:42:37

Hi guys,

We are all set to go with this now. When is good for everyone, next week or the week after? Also we need somewhere central so I was thinking Tea Monkey (might not be loads of space though for the little ones), John Lewis cafe or open to any other suggestions that are warm. Am I right in remembering that most people wanted daytime?

Let me know your thoughts & we'll get it booked.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now