Local Talk

MK LOCAL 1ST MEETUP CONFIRMED

(45 Posts)
cupcakekid Thu 28-Feb-13 20:54:43

Well ladies, we have a date, time & venue for our first Mumsnet Local meet up. From the replies I had before it seemed that most people wanted somewhere central & during the day so that if they needed to bring their little ones they could. So here are the all important details:

DATE: FRIDAY 15th MARCH
TIME: 10.30AM - 12 NOON (or however long you can stay)
VENUE: TEA MONKEY in central MK next to Barclays Bank

Tea Monkey are going to give us a little space just for us & INeed and fill us with cake & tea (or whatever else you like to drink during the day). They have little tables and chairs for the children and supply crayons, colouring books for little ones and iPads for bigger ones (woo hoo!!)

I've attached the info from the first thread below in case you've forgotton what it's all about. So what I need to know now is who is up for it?? Please can you reply with a big YES and also let me know if you'll be bringing your little one aswell so that I can make sure we have enough for everyone!!

Speak soon,
Cupcakekid

We'd like to trial an 'I need a babysitter/ dog walker/ plumber/ carpenter' gizmo here on our Milton Keynes site. First of all we want to organise a special Meet-up where local Mumsnetters come and tell us what they'd like from this sort of service. The lovely people at iNeed (our partners on this) would like to offer free coffees/ treats/ gin to get things rolling. The services gizmo chat would take around 15-30 minutes but then the rest of the meeting would just be a regular Mumsnet meet-up. Anyone interested?

ZoeandBeans Fri 01-Mar-13 14:02:34

I could come along until about 11.30 but DD finished pre-school at 12 so I'd have to leave early to be back in time to collect her?

cupcakekid Fri 01-Mar-13 15:38:33

That's cool, people can stay as long as they can or want. Thanks for coming!

ZoeandBeans Fri 01-Mar-13 15:54:03

OK then - YES! smile I'll be child-free

cupcakekid Fri 01-Mar-13 17:13:46

Me too!!!

ZoeandBeans Sat 02-Mar-13 13:54:23

Just me and you then...

cupcakekid Sat 02-Mar-13 17:48:01

Mmmmm, looks like it!!! Come on everyone, it's free tea and cake if nothing else!!

cupcakekid Tue 05-Mar-13 11:34:35

Anybody oput there??

ZoeandBeans Tue 05-Mar-13 13:36:15

We're lovely really, please come and eat cake with us.

cupcakekid Tue 05-Mar-13 17:39:11

Yeh so we don't eat toooooo much....

ZoeandBeans Tue 05-Mar-13 17:41:54

Have you seen this thread cupcake?

cupcakekid Tue 05-Mar-13 18:16:44

Yep! Oh I saw your name in the Scholastics book club leaflet thing, made me think of you!

ZoeandBeans Tue 05-Mar-13 21:51:51

DD loves those books which is what made me choose it. "Where is Binky Boo" is our favourite. It's a fab one to read

StrawbRhi Thu 07-Mar-13 13:38:16

Hello, ladies.

Room for one (and a half) more in your soiree? :D

ZoeandBeans Thu 07-Mar-13 13:46:33

Oh, yes please! Cupcake and I are going to get so fat on all that cake otherwise! smile

zapzooma Thu 07-Mar-13 16:49:56

Hello ladies, do you have room for one more? I will also be child-free!

ZoeandBeans Thu 07-Mar-13 18:29:05

Whoo hoo! We'd love you to come zapzooma. All are welcome.

ZoeandBeans Thu 07-Mar-13 18:35:12

At least that's what I assume the organiser would say

<steps off cupcakes toes>

blush

cupcakekid Thu 07-Mar-13 19:00:58

ZoeandBeans, don't worry about my toes... Hi StrawbRhi & zapzooma, nice to meet you (well speak to you and see you next Friday). Everyone welcome, the more the merrier we were getting worried that no-one wanted to meet us sad

zapzooma Thu 07-Mar-13 20:37:38

Fab, looking forward to meeting you ladies and scoffing some cake! x

sophie90 Fri 08-Mar-13 23:46:43

Ok so from my name you can tell im about 22. I won't be the youngest will I? And it is next Friday... Not today?

sophie90 Fri 08-Mar-13 23:47:50

Ahh 15th. Wish id read the first post before asking stupid questions :|

StrawbRhi Fri 08-Mar-13 23:51:40

I'm afraid you'll still have to get fat on cake amongst yourselves as I'm on a strict diet. But copious amounts of coffee are still allowed! I'm sure my DD will be more than happy to help out though.

Sophie90, I'm 27 (I think. Lost track of years somewhere along the line!) but DD is 2, so you wont technically be the youngest ;)

Looking forward to it, I've been wanting to do an MK meet up for YEARS!

cupcakekid Sat 09-Mar-13 08:29:20

Ah Sophie90 you're a baby!! I feel old but I look young!!!!

StaebRhi, I'm on a diet too but I'm sure I can make an exception.......

See you on Friday xx

Fluffysortofname Sat 09-Mar-13 17:37:24

I'll come if that's ok? smile
I'll be child free as mine are teens blush

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now