Local Talk

Toddler Friendly Hairdressers in Milton Keynes

(6 Posts)
GinnyV Thu 28-Mar-13 15:18:23

I have a 17mth old little boy who now needs his first hair cut. I know he won't like having his hair cut, so I would like to find somewhere that makes having your hair cut fun, if that exists. I have no idea where to take him in Milton Keynes to get this done, and was hoping someone can recommend somewhere for me please?

cupcakekid Thu 28-Mar-13 19:05:14

I take my little one to the barbers in central MK (MK Barbers I think it's called) but I have to sit on the chair with him on my lap, a book helps or I let him play on my phone and at the end the guys give him a lolly!!!

Don't know of any that make it fun, maybe a mobile hairdresser as he'd have his toys or the telly to amuse him. If you find a fun one let us know....!!!

GinnyV Sun 31-Mar-13 18:11:46

Thanks cupcakekid, really appreciate your response smile there's a fab hairdressers in Hitchin for toddlers but it's too far to go for a hair cut. I might try a mobile hairdresser and see how we get on. If I find a toddler friendly hairdressers in the meantime I'll let you know.

Mobile is a great idea. I take my daughter to Serenity Salon just in Newport Pagnell. Nice and bright, they're really good with her and they have Toy Story coveralls! I take my iPad so she can watch a story book.

thebeastandbeauty Fri 19-Apr-13 16:37:56

I've used Changes in Stony Stratford and Walnut Tree and the hairdressers have always been really good with the DC.

head2toe Thu 25-Apr-13 10:45:10

Hello My name is Kate.I own head 2 toe salon in west Bletchley. As a mum I found it very difficult to find a salon that was child Friendly. So with my new salon I made a children's room with a tv toys and best of all a ride on TRAIN. The child can have there hair cut on the train then a free ride after. Cutting KIDS hair done now can be fine and enjoyable for every. We are on Facebook under head 2 toe bletchley, where a pic of our room can be found.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now