Local Talk

Gullivers Splashzone

(5 Posts)

Has anyone been to the Splashzone at Gullivers? It looks fab, but LO has just turned two and is generally scared of everything. Roundabouts and slides result in "no... no... nooooooOOOOO!"
Is it best to wait until she's a bit older is it alright for little ones? Thinking of going midweek during term time to reduce the number of bigger kids running around.

cupcakekid Fri 19-Apr-13 10:17:17

My big two like it but I wouldn't let me little one run around in there (well by himeself!) He's nearly three and would just go into melt down I think. You see a lot of parents getting wet in there with their little ones so I guess if you are planning on going in with them they'd be fine. During term time would be a good time - avoid after school and holidays like the plague smile

thebeastandbeauty Fri 19-Apr-13 16:34:32

We took my scared-of-everything DD there when she was 2 and she really hated it. Cried, in fact. Especially at the big buckets that tip water randomly everywhere.

She went again at four, for a party and spent the entire time in the paddling pool as she still didn't like it.

I think it really depends on the child.

thebeastandbeauty Fri 19-Apr-13 16:35:28

Though I think there is now free admission to some kind of soft play area when you pay for splashzone so if you do have to cut your losses your DS might enjoy that?

Thanks all! I think we're going to wait until she's coming up for three then try again with me going in too. Until then, we'll stick to dry land!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now