Local Talk

relocating from scotland-please help.

(3 Posts)
Byescotland Fri 12-Jul-13 12:18:08

We are relocating from Scotland to MK next month, with 4yr old, can't possibly come down for a drive around MK and have to choose a detached 3 bed house to rent online. So was wondering if anybody would be able to help me please. I would like to know good areas to live with good schools, a bit far away from city centre. I and my husband would have to go to bedford, London and cambridge for our jobs, so anywhere really, a bit quiet, child freindly and nice place. YKWIM. I would really appreciate your help.
Many Thanks,
Anji.

milkybeans Sun 14-Jul-13 14:45:06

It's a brilliant place. I would recommend some of the older constituent towns such as:-

Olney
Stony Stratford
Newport Pagnell
The 'Brickhills'
Or some of the little villages just outside the city into Northamptonshire. These places all give you a nice sized community away from the main city, but within spitting distance of all the amenities.

There are also some really nice parts on the new estates too. There is a lot of history to the place that people aren't really aware of, check out this book and website which should be helpful:-

www.mysteriousmiltonkeynes.com

Good luck!

milkybeans Sun 14-Jul-13 14:46:23

Sorry, didn't add the link properly..

www.mysteriousmiltonkeynes.com

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now