Local Talk

Moving to Milton Keynes, clueless

(10 Posts)
drawohamme Fri 30-Aug-13 21:24:44

Aiming to move to village near Milton Keynes from London in October with DH and PFB (he will be three months). Can anyone recommend villages/nurseries/mum and baby groups etc? I'll still be on mat leave and looking to meet new friends.

Thank you!

Sherriff21 Thu 05-Sep-13 17:01:28

Hi, I have just moved here myself (South East MK) and am finding that there are so many different groups/nurseries etc but it seems very dependant on what area of MK you are in as to what is available to you. I'm near Wavendon, right on the edge of MK, and it is a very nice area. Wavendon itself is more a small village and very quiet but still close to local amenities. Haven't found many children groups as of yet... But there are loads dotted around if you have the means to travel to them. Good luck with the move!

drawohamme Sat 07-Sep-13 04:30:19

Ooh, thanks for the info! I was starting to think no one ever used these local boards.

Sherriff21 Sat 07-Sep-13 12:01:51

I know, it does seem to be a bit quiet! Only just started using it myself so hoping it picks up a bit! smile

StoneCrossMum Tue 10-Sep-13 12:18:34

Hi I have also just moved here, I live in Caldecotte and have 2 girls aged 10 and 2.
I don't know anyone and would love to meet up with some other people x

Sherriff21 Tue 10-Sep-13 12:37:48

Hello StoneCrossMum, you are quite close to where I live in Wavendon Gate. I would be happy to arrange a play day or visit a local park together etc. My daughter is 2, turns 3 in January.

Andrea

drawohamme Fri 13-Sep-13 09:58:59

Hi All,

So I'm signed up to move to Aspley Guise in October, which I know is near Wavendon. We're going to look at a nursery there on sat. Have you been? Is it okay?

X

JGAW1 Wed 18-Sep-13 22:41:44

Hi there mums, I'm moving to Milton Keynes, Emerson valley next week... Is there a mums group over there? Thanks! Daisy

There's Rainbow Toddler Group

Plus, you'll be in the catchment area for Sunshine Children's Centre who will have all the information you could need about family activities in the area!

Good luck with your move!

lyndseym1 Mon 30-Sep-13 13:13:59

Hi everyone,

I have lived in Milton Keynes now for nearly a year, there is loads to do here smile lots of lakes and parks.

On another notes, I am a trainee yoga teacher in the final stages of my 200hr course and I am putting on 6 free Yoga classes at Milton Keynes Village Hall as part of my final assessment. Might be an option to meet new people?

Places MUST be booked in advanced, so please contact me on yogamkvillage@gmail.com for more details or to reserve a place.

Dates and times are:
Sunday 6th October 7pm-8pm
Saturday 12th October 7pm-8pm
Sunday 20th October 7pm-8pm
Sunday 27th October 7pm-8pm
Sunday 3rd November 7pm - 8pm
Saturday 9th November 3:15-4:15

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now