Relocating to Milton Keynes!!

(6 Posts)
Missemma1 Thu 21-Jul-16 10:44:37

Hi everyone,

We are moving to Milton Keynes from Scotland and need some help on areas!! I am looking at the new build homes by David Wilson on the Brooklands development..are any of you familiar with this area? Is it nice/good for schools? I have three children aged 10, 8 and 2.

We have sold our home and are about to move into the mother in laws for a few months to allow us to buy without a chain..I know this is a problem in england?!

We live in a really nice area at the moment with the best schoolign in Scotland so this is the main thing coupled with cost of course!! Pease Help! xx

bigchangesabound Thu 21-Jul-16 18:17:48

We've very recently done the opposite, moved from MK (or just outside) back to Scotland! Personally we didn't like MK- a souless new town with no character, however it is useful as it has all the amenities you could need, including an ikea and John Lewis! We lived in a lovely village 15mins outside of MK called Stoke Hammond. If you're looking for areas in MK the Shenleys are supposed to be good and a really good primary school is Two Mile Ash.
Hope that is of some help.

BlackandGold Thu 21-Jul-16 22:23:54

It depends on what you want. Brooklands is a new build area, still under construction, but likely to have a lot of young families.
If you want a traditional small town with good schools then look at Newport Pagnell or Olney, which is a bit further out. Stony Stratford is also good but avoid Bletchley!

sillybillywilly Thu 21-Jul-16 22:56:08

I live on the Western flank of MK so am not so familiar with the East. Schools are very oversubscribed so I'd ask the LEA which primaries have spaces. Your oldest is moving up to secondary in September 2017 so I'd check the historical data of which secondaries that people from your development got into to check if it's a good estate to go for or not.

Being chain free is not a problem but your MIL's address will be used for school admissions purposes so could disadvantage you if you're not in your new property by 31 Oct 2016 (deadline for secondary school applications)

MKEastSide Fri 22-Jul-16 08:00:47

Have pm'd you.

redskyinMK Fri 22-Jul-16 19:35:05

There is a new secondary being built in Brooklands (well actually a second campus for the well established Walton high School). it's taking in its first children this September (2016). So would be handy for your 10 year old! Obviously has no history as a new school (well new campus) but Walton High is very well regarded

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now