Local Talk

A big THANK YOU to Sensory Spaces...

(14 Posts)
specialmusic Fri 20-May-11 20:21:28

... for being so kind as to publicise today's fabulous event at St. James's in Newcastle: the Aiming High conference for parents and professionals working with disabled children - and even offering to share some stall space!

Sensory Spaces (http://www.sensoryspaces.org) does so much great stuff with kids who have special needs - check out their website.

(Thanks again, M!)

Sensory Spaces have asked me to pass on a big thank you to specialmusic for the plug. (Note to self: must peruse local board more often...)

While I'm here I'd like to draw your attention to the fabulous Pathways4All and Newcastle Community Green Festival (links pending...)

smile

5inthebed Sat 03-Sep-11 21:00:58

Link for sensory spaces

Tallwivglasses, I've got Pathways4All on my FB, just not brave enough to go to any of the meet ups blush

Here we are... Pathways4All and Greenfest

Oh, and Sensory Spaces

All on Facebook too, so get befriending!

That was quick, 5! Pathways are lovely, honest. I like the way they have pamper sessions (and drinks) for parents...not just kids' activities.

There's also good activities groups based in Newcastle and Gateshead for kids with ASD...

5inthebed Sat 03-Sep-11 21:11:27

I live in Newcastle, a friend from your are made me join Pathways as I know they will allow me to go to sessions if not fully booked.

They get more general funding now so most activities are open to kids outside N. Tyneside as well. I wish I had transport so we could get to more.

I'm wondering if I know you, 5inthebed...

5inthebed Sat 03-Sep-11 21:22:35

Oh I doubt it........ <retraces steps>

Ha, I just checked old threads..but I quite understand if you wish to remain a mnetter of mystery wink

5inthebed Sat 03-Sep-11 21:41:18

I am crap at covering my steps. My best mate managed to find me on here, by pure coincidence.

Well I'm sure I could track you down if I re-read a few of your posts...(I don't know if you remember but I've got a long-lost sister and posted on your thread about your family situation a while back) but that would be stalking...

Fwiw, I tend to agree with you on most subjects!

5inthebed Sat 03-Sep-11 21:50:43

Ah of course! Yes! Now I remember you, knew I knew your name from somewhere.

Yeah,situation went tits up bio dad turned out to be a complete areshole. In touch with my half sister though, and ok so far, not met yet, thats a while off.

5inthebed Sat 03-Sep-11 21:53:34

And by " I knew I knew your name" I meant that I knew we had had a conversation about something.

Sorry about your dad. That's good about your half-sister though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now