Local Talk

Mum a new baby - needs similar friends

(7 Posts)
mumofalittledude Sat 18-Jun-11 11:14:58

Hello,

My name is Emma and I have a 9wk old DS who was our 1st Child. I am 30yrs old and live in Longbenton with my husband.

I am loving motherhood at the moment but am becoming a bit starved of adult conversation during the day when the hubby is at work.

Unfortunately none of my friends who live in the local area have children and are very rarely around to meet up during the week. I would therefore be interested to meet up with other mothers in the local area who have children of a similar age to share experiences and enjoy a good chat.

Let me know if you would like to meet up

Poppykate Fri 02-Dec-11 18:59:51

Hi Emma, I have just joined Mumsnet. I am a new mum to a 12 week old baby, 30 years old and live in Whitley Bay. I noticed your post as I am in a similar situation, that none of my friends have children and I am looking to meet new mums in the local area. I have tried going to baby groups but they can be hard work joining the already formed cliques and I have signed up to a few classes like baby massage, sensory but would love someone to join me. Let me know if you fancy meeting up sometime for a coffee and chat. Kate.

Hi I've just moved away from the area but a year ago I was in the same situation in Whitley Bay. I joined a baby group at the local sure start and made some great friends! smile

Donna0602 Thu 12-Jan-12 22:28:05

Hi. Ive just joined mumsnet. Ive got a little boy now 7 months, cant believe how quick time goes by. Im 24 and live in Killingworth with my husband and like you mummys im the first of my friends to start a family. Would like to meet local mums. Donna

Poppykate Thu 19-Jan-12 18:06:35

Hi Donna

I'd be happy to meet up for a coffee, you aren't too far away from me. You'll see my last message was in December, so my baby Chloe is now just over 4 months. We have met some lovely mums through various baby groups and classes and always keen to meet more! Just drop me a message if you'd like to arrange anything. I could always come to Killingworth (in fact I was thinking about doing this baby class http://www.squigglesngiggles.com/ in Killingworth - whether it's something you have gone too with your little one?). Anyway, let me know if you fancy meeting for a coffee sometime.
Kate & Chloe

JoS83 Mon 14-May-12 17:35:53

Hi

I have just joined and seen your post. I know it is a bit old now. I have a one year old son Joshua. I went back to work full time but have recently gone part time. I am now looking for ways to fill my days off (Wed and thurs). Similar to you I was the first of my friends to start a family. There are a few who are now due in the next few months but would be nice to have other mums who have similar aged children to talk to.

Jo

Poppykate Thu 12-Jul-12 20:05:16

Hi Jo
So sorry that I have only noticed your message. Sadly I am going back to work on Monday full time sad so I won't be able to meet up with other mums or go to baby groups which I feel sad about. When I wrote the above message I also posted one on the Netmums coffeehouse/meet a mum section and received lots of replies. I made some lovely friends which I hope to keep in contact with. I definitely recommend using that site Jo and you can also specifically choose to contact people in your local area. Its a great website. all the best Kate smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now