Local Talk

Excersise classes and support for pregnant women in Newcastle?!?

(6 Posts)
2wwmadness Sun 06-Nov-11 14:42:35

Hello!
I am 14 weeks pregnant and have an addiction to toast! I want to start working out swimming, pregnancy yoga/pilates ect. Anyon know of any groups? I'm in longbenton but wok in the city centre. Thanks!

DaisyWellington Sun 06-Nov-11 14:54:49

Hello, I am also 14 weeks pregnant with 3rd and live in Forest Hall. I've been thinking about pilates in Gosforth or aquanatal at Tynemouth. I've done musical bumps at the Sage before which was great, but I lived closer to town then so it was easier. I was hoping the Lakeside Centre did aquanatal, but I might just try and go for a normal swim if I have any energy left in an evening. Try newcastlepregnancyandbabycentre website. For local stuff you might find netmums is a lot more informative.

2wwmadness Sun 06-Nov-11 15:48:11

Thank you. This is my 1st. I'm not from Newcastle so in even more stumped where to look! Thanks for your help!

NorthernMidwife Sat 12-Nov-11 11:25:37

hiya, I'm starting a weekly pregnancy group on Monday nights in Elswick. The focus will be on: Practical support and information about pregnancy and birth,
Gentle exercises and movements to help strengthen, tone and prepare your body for a positive birth experience, A forum for you to raise and discuss any questions or concerns, and share any experiences and expertise you may have, Birth preparation, Relaxation and Parentcraft.
You'd be really welcome to join us.
Please check out my website: www.northernmidwifery.co.uk and get in touch if you'd like to come
all the best
Julie

busyrascal79 Wed 15-Feb-12 15:26:13

Hello

Congratulations on your pregnancy.

I am bringing Lazy Daisy pregnancy classes to Ponteland, it is a gentle movement, birth relevant education and relaxation class. It's a great programme to prepare your body and mind ready for your baby's birth, classes will try to help you achieve the birth you want. I have special offers available so please get in touch if you would like further information. The Lazy Daisy website is www.thelazydaisychain.co.uk.

oozeworthypayana Wed 16-May-12 08:36:31

I have Relax, stretch and breathe yoga based classes with time built in for relaxation and chatting with other mums. They are in Gosforth on tuesday nights. Let me know if you would like more information or to reserve a place.
Suzy

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now