Local Talk

Central High Newcastle

(3 Posts)
Magpielover Wed 04-Jan-12 14:20:57

Just wanted to say a huge and public thank you to Central High for everything it has done for my DD. Great school - fantastic teachers and pastoral care. Nothing is too much trouble - visit them. You won't regret it.

Clockless Fri 31-Aug-12 22:07:34

Is this the girls school?

How competitive are the bursaries?

Roxy2010 Tue 11-Sep-12 17:52:14

I agree. I am a big fan of the school. I also went there. Both my daughters went although one had to be moved to the pink and blue one because it did not suit her. This pink one ruined her confidence and the girls attending are not selected so the school has a wide range of students. That school also has a very peculiar management team, although I am not sure "management" is the correct word as this could be somewhat generous. Rats in the toilets, inadequate heating, insufficient money and very small year group numbers suggest its days could be numbered.

Central High is headed up by a very clever compassionate Head Mistress. The pastoral care at Central High is extremely good. There seems to be a limitless budget for improvements to the school on every level. As the girls are selected, it is able to maintain a high standard and I wonder if there will be some parents looking to move their daughters from Kings School now it is converted to state.

Unlike the boy's school, it does not dish out free places to siblings and therefore does not sell itself short.

Very impressed with Central High and also proud to be an old girl.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now