Local Talk

Opinions please - termly or half-termly fees for French/Spanish for babies and toddlers

(3 Posts)
caperucitaroja Wed 18-Jul-12 09:05:58

Am a long standing mumsnetter but I've name changed.

I'm thinking of setting up languages sessions for babies/toddlers. I was thinking of charging termly i.e. 12 week terms but I'm under the impression that some mums are a bit reluctant to pay for 12 weeks in advance. Pay as you go/drop in I don't think makes sense as it's a programme i.e. children learn and consolidate what they've done in previous sessions. I think they would lose track if they came in one week, were away for a few weeks and then came back.

Would you be reluctant to pay for 12 weeks in advance (after a free session) or would you prefer 6 weeks?

DrSeuss Wed 18-Jul-12 16:34:02

I would pay for 6 wks at a time. Kids get ill, older siblings get ill, older siblings have stuff on too, there are parents' evenings, there are doctors' appointments and so on. If I had to pay for large blocks I might be less willing to sign up.

Quand est-ce que vous venez a Teesside? Cuando va a vener a Teesside?

caperucitaroja Thu 19-Jul-12 19:37:51

Hola DrSeuss.

Would love to go everywhere but Teesside is a bit far for me.

Yes, I was wondering whether, if I split it into 6 week terms, more people would sign up. I think you may be right and parents are less willing to pay for 12 weeks in one go. My children are older and activities (eg dance) are usually paid on a termly basis but perhaps people are more reluctant to do so for little ones.

Merci beaucoup.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now