Local Talk

whitley bay high

(4 Posts)
bigdonna Sun 14-Oct-12 17:14:32

hi just wondering if anyone has kids there, as thinking about moving to whitley bay next yr and will need a high school for my dd13.any advice would be appreciated oh and also where to avoid buying a house!!!!we will be looking for a 4-5 bedroomed house near the sea!!!!thanks

nosygit Sun 11-Nov-12 09:30:49

Don't know if it's helpful, but I use WBHS as an exam centre for my home educated son and they've been very good. Even though we're not strictly connected to the school other than as an external candidate, I've had great contact with the SENCo, Exams Office, Head and Deputy Head and they are all very helpful and interested. My view was that if they're like that for outsiders, to whom they have no responsibility, they must be excellent for their own pupils and families.

It's always got a good feel to it whenever we go there. I'd suggest you arrange a visit if you can, have a look around and meet people.

goinghome Mon 19-Nov-12 21:10:29

thanks for replying nosygit,i have rang the school they said its highly unlikely to get aplace but they said to try kingspriory!!!!!glad to hear they are good as i also have a15yr old who has traits of aspergers and adhd just not sure which route to go with him yet!!!!

nosygit Tue 20-Nov-12 07:48:30

That's a shame. From what I've seen WBHS looks like a lovely school but it's worth trying their recommendation. You could always apply anyway and see what happens - you never know.

Good luck, whichever direction you go.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now