Local Talk

Hello from N. Tyneside

(9 Posts)
mrs2cats Mon 11-Mar-13 11:06:58

Hello everyone

I'm the Local Ambassador for North Tyneside. I've noticed that, although we're under Tyne & Wear, some people from the area post under Newcastle so I thought I'd better pop on here too to say hello.

I live by the coast and I have 2 children at middle school. I'm looking forward to arranging meet ups and meeting fellow mumsnetters. Do pop along to North Tyneside group meet ups under Tyne and Wear and join the group smile.

Skoggy Mon 11-Mar-13 18:19:23

Also the South Tyneside area is up and running. Come over and say hello smile

Cannycraic Mon 25-Mar-13 18:49:02

Hello mrs2cats and Skoggy, greetings from Newcastle smile
Meet ups sound a great idea. Maybe we should be really organised and start planning a Christmas meet up for Newcastle, Sunderland and Tyne and Wear.
Planning ahead grin

mrs2cats Mon 25-Mar-13 19:41:24

Hello Cannycraic!
That sounds great. Skoggy and I were already talking about a meet up between North and South Tyneside at some point. Hopefully we'll get lots more people joining local groups. Newcastle is convenient for lots of people around the area too. Let's get our thinking caps on and see if we can arrange a lovely get together between all areas grin.

Cannycraic Tue 26-Mar-13 17:28:19

Great, I think with Tyne and Wear, Newcastle and Sunderland all being so close to each other, it would be great if we could build up a community together, as well as in our areas.

Maybe thinking ahead, but perhaps we could do a activity/meet up each week during the 6 weeks holidays, all areas welcome type thing. One week we'll have a pirates day at the beach, next week picnic in the park etc, that's of course if we get a Summer!

Looking forward to meeting you and Skoggy at some point smile

Hello there,

Count me in! I have 3 children, 2 in high school and 1 in middle and would love to meet up with others in the area. I am in Whitley Bay and only know a few people (moved here about 18 months ago) so would love to go to a meet up (especially if food and wine involved!!!!)

Skoggy Wed 27-Mar-13 16:15:09

Hi there!

A Christmas do would be fantastic and I reckon we should definitly "pencil it into our diaries". smile
By the way, whos the Local Ed for Newcastle? I'm the one Tyneside. smile PM me so we can have a chat. grin

Cannycraic Thu 04-Apr-13 17:17:28

Hello Skoggy.

I'm Newcastle Local Editor, so I've sent you a PM. Best get those night out dates sorted quick, we've a reputation as a party region to uphold. grin

Skoggy Thu 11-Apr-13 15:35:13

Lol a party region grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now