Local Talk

Best things about Newcastle/Gateshead

(6 Posts)
Cannycraic Sun 29-Sep-13 18:16:45

We are going to be Site of the Week soon, so I'd love to know what you think about the best........

Things about the area...

Child Friendly Cafe...

Child-Free night out...

Outside Space...

Hidden Gem...

Community Venue...

Free Visitor attraction...

Days Out...

Places to Live...

Places to shop...

Answers on a post please smile

CatsInCustard Thu 03-Oct-13 16:14:59

For free attractions I find Bill Quay Farm and Ouesburn farm make great days out

Cannycraic Sun 06-Oct-13 18:24:37

Thanks for that suggestion CatsInCustard, I'll certainly make sure I mention both of the farms smile

juneybean Mon 07-Oct-13 12:18:33

Well outside space has to be Saltwell Park.

The Sage cafe is quite child-friendly and the Sage itself offers music groups for under 5's

Best place to shop is the Metro Centre IMO although both that and Eldon Square are the same management company.

The Discovery Museum is free and PlayTyne their water play area is great fun!

Cannycraic Mon 07-Oct-13 17:01:37

Thanks for the great suggestions juneybean.

I certainly agree about the child friendly Sage cafe, as I've just been to a lovely local meet up there today and had a great time in the little play area grin

So that's Sage, Saltwell Park, Metro Centre, Eldon Square and Discovery Museum added. smile

juneybean Mon 07-Oct-13 20:59:51

Ohh I forgot about Gateshead Library for Storytime at 2.15pm on a Wednesday (free!)

Oo and Gateshead Leisure Centre, jumping gyms hourly from 10am on a Tuesday for £4odd and Soft Play on a Thursday between 12pm - 2pm I think for £2 ish

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now