Local Talk

Jesmond Move

(3 Posts)
LouiseJD Sun 31-Mar-13 14:21:35

Hi there,

I am wondering if anyone out there is in a similar position to me or living in the area we are hoping to move to.

My family live in Newcastle and I would love to be closer to them so my family (husband, 3 year old and 1 year old) are investigating moving to Jesmond or Tynemouth but my husband will still work and live in London Monday - Thursday, returning to us on Friday. I am moving from an area that I have quite a few good mum friends whom I met through NCT and we have a good day time social life with the little ones and also go out in the evening for dinner and drinks and a good old child free time.
I am really concerned that although my family will be near by, I won't be able to find the same up North. I have contacted NCT in both areas and there isn't a heavily active group. If we move to Tynemouth I have actually volunteered to start it up again, North Tyneside, or at least try. Would anyone be interested?

Can anyone offer me any advice or if anyone is living in either area it would be lovely to get know you and hear about pre schools and nurserys in the area and baby toddler groups etc.

Look forward to hearing from you.

je11ybean79 Mon 08-Apr-13 08:55:26

Hi,
I live in Gosforth (very nice and near to Jesmond) and there are a lot of baby groups/ activities/ soft play etc in the area, so pretty good for little ones. I am currently trying to make some good Mum friends/ Mum social group in the area as I missed out on the NCT groups I had intended to go to because my little boy was 10 weeks premature. I would be happy to give you any info about whats going on. Private message me if you like.

3geordieboys Wed 17-Apr-13 13:01:18

Hello
I moved here from London just before DS1 (now 3.5) was born.I'm now on mat leave for the 3rd time and have been to lots of playgroups & baby activities in& around Newcastle(live in the centre).If you do move to the coast there is a great network of mum & toddler things run by Janine of Birthbasics.She organises coffee sessions,baby massage courses etc,if you look at her website you will see.If you move to Jesmond there are at least 3 mum & toddler groups on various days and I have been to all of them,I've found them all to be welcoming,friendly and have made some good friends there.I did NCT and am still in touch with the group but I wouldn't say it was as active as other groups friends are in in other parts of the country.PM me if you want to know more.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now