Local Talk

Nursery - when do I need to look

(3 Posts)
superduperwuper Wed 14-May-14 13:26:30

I am upduffed now and will need a nursery from June / July 2015 for three days a week. When do I need to start worrying about this / looking round them?

I found a thread in talk where people were booking from 12 weeks preg but I am guessing that is down south. Its seems a bit mad to worry before the baby is born - but I am not sure what the done thing is and I don't want to end up with no options.

If anyone can advise I would be very grateful.

katienana Mon 09-Jun-14 16:57:12

I don't think there is any harm in looking early and getting it sorted, but equally I wouldn't have thought there would be huge waiting lists to contend with in these parts! I sorted mine out last minute and it was fine. Might be worth ringing round a few local ones and asking if they operate a waiting list. Also how old will your baby be, as some don't get many young babies in so that could be a consideration.

Cannycraic Mon 23-Jun-14 18:41:31

Hi superduperwuper Congratulations on your pregnancy!

I wouldn't do much until baby arrives, as katienana says there isn't usually manic waiting lists to contend with up here. Just keep an eye out on which local nurseries are available near you, then ask around to see if anyone you know has used them so you can get feedback. When you go to look around, make sure you visit a few places so you have places you can compare. I went by which one 'felt' right for my daughter.

She used to howl the place down to make me feel guilty when I dropped her off, but stopped as soon as she thought I was out of sight! grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now