Local Talk

Need to find a property close to boldon colliery

(3 Posts)
IscahMuse Mon 26-May-14 17:29:10

I'm desperately trying to find a nice place for my partner and I to move to later this year. We need to move for his work (hence being within a 20-30 minute commute of boldon). I'd like to be in a pretty village, and he loves the coast, either would be great. The main thing I would like is a period property. I am really not keen on new builds so would love to find somewhere with a bit of character. The problem is, most of the villages I've seen have been to the west of newcastle, which makes the commute quite long for my other half. I've seen quite a few lovely edwardian terraces in gateshead which I was taken with, but I don't know the good areas from the bad. There are also beautiful properties in Ashbrooke (sunderland) but neither of us really like the town itself. Can anyone suggest any nice towns/villages within a good commute of boldon, with period properties? We don't need a big place, two bedrooms would be plenty for now and would allow us to start a family in next couple of years, which is an important element of the move, and is why being in a nice quiet area is important. Our budget isn't huge, we are looking around the 120K mark.

Cannycraic Mon 23-Jun-14 18:28:45

Hi IscahMuse How is the house hunting going? Have you tried Boldon Colliery? It would certainly be an easy commute to Boldon, or nearer the coast there is Whitburn Village, heading along towards Sunderland, Fulwell or Roker have period properties.

Low Fell in Gateshead is a lovely area to live, especially near Saltwell Park. Some of the Washington villages are an easy commute to Boldon as well.

flightdeckBuckaroo Wed 25-Jun-14 12:37:54

Monkton village is quite nice. Disclaimer: I don't live there but cycle through following the Keelman Way cycle route! grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now