Local Talk

Ahoy! Mumsnet Local Pirate Day!

(11 Posts)
Cannycraic Wed 25-Jun-14 13:21:15

Does anyone fancy meeting up during the summer holidays and having a pirate day at the beach?

I used to have an annual pirate day when mine were little (teens now so not so keen grin ) that we organised among a group of friends, I have fond memories of them and would love to organise one for Local.

If anyone would be interested let me know on this thread and I'll get busy planning pirate games and practising my rum drinking abilities.

I thought South Shields beach as you can get to it by public transport if need be, plus there are toilet facilities near as well.
Let me know what you think.

Poppelli Wed 02-Jul-14 13:25:58

This sounds great, count me in. I have 2 children aged 1 and 6 and they both love the beach.

Skoggy Thu 03-Jul-14 17:18:00

Well that sounds like a lot of fun! I'd be interested in coming with my girlies x

sillymillyb Thu 03-Jul-14 20:14:59

That sounds brilliant - I have a 2.5 years old who would love it. When were you thinking?

Holywellian Mon 14-Jul-14 18:06:45

I have a 4 year old that would love this, if there are treasure chest and pirate maps he's all over it!

Cannycraic Tue 15-Jul-14 16:43:16

Great!

Shall we try and get something arranged for during August, how about the week beginning Monday 11th of August?

Kerrie2194 Wed 16-Jul-14 21:11:07

This sounds great, count me in. My little boys 2.5 and loves pirates and anything to do with the beach! Infact I think Id rather enjoy some pirate games too!

Skoggy Wed 30-Jul-14 21:24:36

Date sounds fab to me!
Let me know if I can help at all Cannycraic smile

Cannycraic Wed 06-Aug-14 11:34:15

Aar ha me hearties!

Pirate day is going to be Tuesday August 19th at 11am at Little haven beach, South Shields.

Sorry I've had to change the week, RL and work has got in the way!

Little haven beach has just been part of a restoration project, so has a lovely new promenade and hopefully improved facilities. Its not too far from South Marine Park, so giving us the option of a play area as well as the beach.

Bring a picnic, sun cream for the beautiful weather we will have and maybe even don a pirate outfit!

I'm going to start work on a Mumsnet pirate flag so we have a meeting point for the day.

Looking forward to seeing you all smile

Thank you for the offer of help Skoggy smile

Kerrie2194 Fri 15-Aug-14 09:51:42

Oh no I can't do that day cos of work, maybe next time. Anyone fancy a play date/coffee another time?

Cannycraic Mon 18-Aug-14 11:36:50

Unfortunately I'm going to have to cancel tomorrow's Pirate Day meet up sad

We've been struck by a tummy bug that has been doing the rounds of our family and Dd and I just can't seem to shift it.

I'm really sorry to have to cancel, as we were really looking forward to it but I would hate to pass this bug on to anyone else, especially little ones.

I will organise some meet ups for September.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now