Looking for clubs and classes for my children

(7 Posts)
Haylz2512 Thu 15-Sep-16 21:12:33

Hi there
Myself and my kids are moving to newcastle - near Hexem area in the coming months. Looking for recommendations for gymnastics classes/center dance school for my daughter and athletics, muti sports clubs for my son.
Also recommend swimming lessons? My soms 7 and daughter 4.

Rainicorn Thu 15-Sep-16 21:43:36

If you look at both Kenton School Sport Centre and Gosforth High Sports Centre, they both do gymnastic clubs, and others that may be of interest.

sillymillyb Thu 15-Sep-16 22:21:12

The wentworth centre in hexham does swimming lessons - which are very well thought of. There is usually a waiting list though. If you are happy to pay more, puddle ducks does swimming lessons at Mowden Hall school (newton) on sats and it isn't too far from Hexham.

I think the wentworth centre do gymnastics and athletics etc too actually. There is dance city in the centre of town but it might be too far for you.

Welcome to the area, Hexham is lovely smile

I'm in Hexham!
Wentworth for pool / leisure stuff / athletics clubs / harriers/ Tri (very big here).

There are a few ballet schools, one run out of Wentworth and one called Terpischore (which does all sorts of dance for adults & children).

Also Tynedale RFC - rugby for boys & girls at Corbridge.

Any questions at all about the area, give me a shout!

Haylz2512 Fri 16-Sep-16 19:09:56

Thanks so much for your replys and suggestions all look at them just now and try get on waiting lists etc.
We are moving to army barracks so big move for us all .

Greenfae Fri 16-Sep-16 19:39:15

Im not in hexham but some of my friends use this lady and apparently shes awesome

Great relationship with the kids as well as a fab teacher. Wish i lived closer to her!

Haylz2512 Fri 16-Sep-16 21:59:11

Thank you i will send her a message for info grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now