Local Talk

Anyone live in Forest Gate?

(9 Posts)
wrongsideofthetracks Sun 19-Jan-14 08:00:22

How is it? We can afford a house there and it's going to get crossrail soon.

Gulee Tue 21-Jan-14 14:19:07

Hi wrongsideofthetracks
One of residents answered your question on twitter:

Safe and Friendly. I love it.

Gulee Tue 21-Jan-14 16:10:56

Another tweet:

1 thing that makes me <3 it so much? The smell of fresh bread in morn/Eve thanks2 United Bakeries!

wrongsideofthetracks Tue 21-Jan-14 21:56:51

Thank you. How does that work? Is mn local on twitter?

Gulee Tue 21-Jan-14 22:52:49

Yes, we are @MumsnetNewham on Twitter and Mumsnet Newham on Facebook.

wrongsideofthetracks Tue 21-Jan-14 22:54:24

Ah thank you!

Gulee Tue 21-Jan-14 23:00:30

You are welcome!

Gryffindor Mon 24-Feb-14 09:32:50

Sorry for the late reply, but we live here and love it! We were able to buy a 3 bed terrace for the price of our small flat in a nearby area.

FG was featured in The Guardian a couple of weeks ago - www.theguardian.com/money/2014/feb/07/move-to-forest-gate-east-london

It even has its own twitter handle - @ForestGreat

All in all, totally recommend it. Very family friendly.

MerryMarigold Mon 24-Feb-14 09:39:06

We live here and love it. You need to be a bit careful where you go if you are interested in schools. Some are better than others. You need to be between Romford Road and Wanstead Flats really. The further side of Romford Road is a bit dire tbh and the further side of Woodgrange Road towards Stratford is not great either. It's densely populated so you need to live close to the school (Woodgrange and Godwin). Secondary is not great at the moment, but it depends what you're after, not awful either. Love all the greenery around. It's the next Hackney I reckon!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now