Alone in Cringleford

(9 Posts)
SamP2014 Tue 28-Jul-15 15:11:02

Hi all,
I'm looking to meet friends in Cringleford.
I'm a first time mum to a ten month old and although I've been to some groups but I just end up sitting with my son as everyone else chats around me?! I don't have family here so I'm a tad alone. Seems that I need an ice breaker...

LocalEditorNorfolk Thu 30-Jul-15 11:54:48

Hello Sam,

Thanks for posting on Mumsnet. We will put a call out on our facebook page for friendly people in Cringleford! It can be tough on your own, but we promise there are others in the same boat. smile

MN Norfolk

Hero1callylost Thu 30-Jul-15 23:19:37

Just saw this on Facebook, hi Sam smile

I used to live in Cringleford until recently and there's a wonderful community to tap into.

Have you found the Cringleford Hub? They have a website and facebook page. They run a great cafe in the Willow Centre (on Roundhouse Park) which has a little play space for babies/little ones. It's run by volunteers and one of the aims is to provide a space where people can get to know each other. Have a chat with one of the volunteers and they may be able to put you in touch with others.

There's a toddler group in the church village hall and baby weigh and plays in the school - guessing you've found at least one of those.

I find groups daunting - others seem to strike up conversation with strangers so easily! Dont feel you have to go in order to be a good mum, they dont suit everyone.

The Hub website has loads of information about various local groups, maybe you can make some friends through a shared interest.

Good luck smile

sucette89 Tue 15-Sep-15 21:02:16

Im in cringleford too :D

would love to meet up and make friends here... I have a 6 months old and are currently on MAT leave

AnnandSian Mon 28-Sep-15 22:53:11

Another place you might find company is through NCT, they have local coffee groups and a Bumps and Babes group meets in Cringleford, look for them on Facebook.
We (Ann and Sian) run antenatal classes in the area and would encourage women and their partners to sign up when pregnant for the chance to access information and prepare for the birth and parenthood; also to meet other local parents to be for support after the baby arrives. We have a Facebook Page and a closed discussion group which might also provide a place to meet people, both called About Birth & Babies.

SamP2014 Tue 29-Sep-15 09:36:45

Hi everyone, thanks for all your really helpful hints and messages. Have started to meet friends now! X

Bestestmum123 Tue 27-Sep-16 10:29:02

I too feel very lonely in Cringleford
Tried making friends but I think nobody wants to be friend with me and my child

popsiedoodledo Wed 28-Sep-16 00:10:55

How old is your child? I don't live in Cringleford but am nearby with a 4 year old dd.

Bestestmum123 Wed 28-Sep-16 10:13:15

Thanks popsiedoodledo
I have 3 year old
It will be great to meet you
Soon (after couple of months)I will be planning a birthday party you are welcome for this birthday party

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now