Moving to Norwich....Help! Primary schools!

(5 Posts)
medmummy Thu 07-Apr-16 08:40:23

We are moving to Norwich in June and need to decide which school to send my 4 and 5 year olds to....they will be in Reception and Y2 in September. Nearest schools are; Tuckwood, Cavell, Eaton, Lakenham, Colman.
Any experiences welcome!
Thank you grin

Katie0705 Thu 19-May-16 01:37:15

Tucks wood is lovely and friendly. Great head teacher. Children get lots if opportunities to be creative. Lovely staff. Cringleford school (by Eaton) very good too. Lakenham good too. I would go on to the Ofted site and check out the last reports. Hope this helps

rhymeswithporridge Thu 19-May-16 14:51:21

eaton did not have a good OFSTED report. cringleford is good, according to ofsted. colman and recreation road are outstanding, i think. colman, rec rd and cringleford are all oversubscribed so i don't know if you'd be able to get yours kids in. sorry!

i know cringleford and i think it's good. the staff are nice and have worked hard to make the kids feel welcome.

there's also a free school...

quirkychick Thu 19-May-16 16:45:06

My dcs are at Colman Infant and Colman Junior. There is a new ht at the Infant School, but both schools are outstanding, I think. Quite near the UEA, Norfolk and Norwich Hospital and John Inner Centre, so has quite an international intake.

Recreation Rd is an Infant School and Avenues is the Junior School both very big, more of a middle-class bohemian catchment, very hard to get into if you live out of catchment.

Mattheguineapig Thu 19-May-16 20:21:03

Hi were doing the same! We are moving to Old Catton though and are hoping for the nearest primaries. Where are you moving from?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now