Student Placement Request - Help Needed - please!

(4 Posts)
KerriWhite Wed 14-Sep-16 17:35:19

Hi all

Firstly, thank you for your time in reading this post.

I am a 31 year old female and work as a Team Leader in a therapeutic residential children's home in Norfolk. I am a child and adolescent psychotherapeutic counsellor with the UKCP and am currently completing my Masters Degree which will see me qualify as a Child Psychotherapist.

As part of my Masters, I am required to do an Infant Observation placement of 1 hour per week and 60 hours in total. This is not about me making judgements of parents - it is about me processing and understanding my own responses to my observations and exploring these within clinical supervision.

I can take one of two paths - ideally, I would find a mother and baby (no older than 18 months) who I could visit on a weekly basis and spend an hour in the house whilst they go about their usual activities with the child. I'm not required to interact with the child or ask questions of the parent.

Alternatively, I can do a placement in a nursery or a mother/baby group, where I sit at the side and just observe the session.

As part of my work within Childhood First ( I am obviously fully DBS checked and am extensively trained in Safeguarding and Child Protection. I can provide a letter from my Course Leader confirming the requirements of the placement along with anything else that may be requested.

I know it's a huge ask but I'm so determined to complete all the elements of my Masters and move myself forward in my professional journey within my work with children.

I would be so very grateful for any offers of help on here.

With kindest regards,

Kerri White

5madthings Wed 14-Sep-16 17:50:32

Hi I have a baby of five months and my husband used to work for childhood first until a year ago. Happy to help.

5madthings Wed 14-Sep-16 17:55:59

I have sent you a pm.

LocalEditorNorfolk Thu 15-Sep-16 11:52:18

Hi Kerri,

We will put something out on social media for you about this. Good luck!

MN Norfolk smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now