Local Talk

Any good toddler groups/music groups/anything in North West Norfolk

(23 Posts)

Just moved to West Raynham and have a very energetic 12 month old little girl.

Does anyone know of any groups or anything nearby to fill my week?

Or is anyone nearby??

noolia Mon 06-Apr-09 08:34:38

Hello. A group of us are just re-starting the west norfolk NCT group. We are nearly all new or newish to the area. our website is www.nct.org.uk/westnorfolk it is just about to be updated with the meet-ups that we have coming up. Next thurs we are meeting at sandringham for a buggy walk, we also meet in cafes and there is a regular friday coffee morning in Narbough. Hope that helps!

Hi, thanks will have a look at the website and see whats happening near me

bronze Tue 07-Apr-09 11:05:55

I'm in a village about 4 miles away from you. We have a cracking playgroup and have been trying to get out parent and child/mums and tots...sit around and drink coffee while they play group going. We are lovely grin and you're welcome to join us

4andnotout Tue 07-Apr-09 11:20:49

Hi Giraffe,
Im in Gt Massingham which is a stones through from you, we have a toddler group on a thursday afternoon in amobile in the school grounds, it is from 1.30-3.00 and we are a friendly bunch even if i say so myself grin

4andnotout Tue 07-Apr-09 11:21:25

<<waves at bronze>>

bronze Tue 07-Apr-09 11:53:00

nah that massingham lot are rough... you want to avoid them wink

4and not out- because we're new theres onlya core of 3 of us, should we come over to yours sometime for community relations or something (we're thurs pm too)

oh i now want to come and see you all, Massingham is literally just down the road.

I cant believe you all meet on a Thurs afternoon.

Thats when DD goes swimming and sometimes her old mum and baby group.

Please tell me something happens on another day ..... please??

bronze Tue 07-Apr-09 13:53:35

Well we could always arrange a meet up of mners. I'm in Rudham btw. I don't drive though

I think I know rudham, cat and fiddle and a shop that's never open?

bronze Tue 07-Apr-09 14:11:32

thats the one. Its only recently the shops been shut loads, the owners wife died and hes been trying to sell up

Oh that's really sad, I'll stop moaning about it now I know that.

bronze Tue 07-Apr-09 18:29:27

sorry didnt mean to make you feel bad

4andnotout Tue 07-Apr-09 19:53:55

Bronze I think we should have a toddle off between the two groups grin

How about we arrange a meet up soon? I cant drive but i can arrange for dp to drop me off and pick me up between his works runs, i could do a tuesday or a friday?

bronze Tue 07-Apr-09 20:58:54

Can I get back to you on that one. not that I don't want to, I do (Giraffe you too?) but I'm due int he next couple of weeks and its a madhouse here at the mo so don't feel I can commit to anything

4andnotout Tue 07-Apr-09 22:05:10

We will have to meet up after you have had your baby, i will need to have a cuddle of a lovely newborn grin

Yeah I'm up for a meet up (especially if there's a newborn involved grin)

I drive and can generally do any day except Thursday

4andnotout do you know what day and time the baby clinic is at massingham surgery?

4andnotout Wed 08-Apr-09 09:51:06

I think it is the 2nd wednesday of every month from 1.30 -3pm but dont quote me on that as i have never had mine weighed after the midwives stopped visiting!

ah so thats...........today! No I'm not worried about getting her weighed just getting her excema looked at and to check that HV has our new contact details!

bronze Wed 08-Apr-09 10:50:49

Not sure its worth going to baby clinic to get that looked at. would get a gp appointment. The hv JM is lovely and she's great for getting referrals and listening and stuff but I wouldn't be asking her anything medical to be honest.

Oh yes I know JM, well meaning and friendly but a tad....eccentric

Bumping for any other local info

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now