Local Talk

Relocating to South Norfolk beginning of July

(14 Posts)
womanwholivedinashoe Mon 30-May-11 11:00:26

Hi All,
Me, DH, Ds2 (14) DS3 (8) and DS (6months) (oh and i'm 8 weeks too wink ) are all relocating to Long Stratton very very soon, contracts signed and I need loads of advice. DS2 obviously hardest to move as he is leaving so many friends but have already spoken to LS FC for him to hopefully get him back in training and meet some friends, DS3 very excited about the move and new school, suggestions for good juniors schools as I have to give 3 choices?? and 6 month old any good mother and baby groups??? But starting to get nervous now as we don't know much about the area at all (although i'm sure we'll have loads of fun exploring) any suggestions?? Also maternity care, only just found out i'm expecting and not sure what to expect for maternity care in this area??
Sorry for all the questions. If it was directed from my kids it would be where is the closest Mcd's lol.
WWLIAS

womanwholivedinashoe Mon 30-May-11 11:06:07

we're moving from North west London! smile

throckenholt Mon 06-Jun-11 14:59:12

No-one seems to have answered this.

Schools - there is the middle school in Stratton - then there are the local village primaries around about - examples would be Forncett, Tasburgh (preston I think), and Hempnall.

There is a toddlers group at Tasburgh in the village hall that is quite good - I think there is also one in Stratton but not sure where (methodist church maybe).

Maternity care - not sure (my youngest is 8) - there is the surgery in stratton and the midwives have a base there as well.

womanwholivedinashoe Wed 08-Jun-11 00:02:02

Thanks throckenholt, was beginning to feel like a leper lol smile

throckenholt Wed 08-Jun-11 07:37:36

by the way - closest Mcd's would be Norwich on the outer ring road on the south side smile.

Not sure I helped much.

womanwholivedinashoe Thu 09-Jun-11 21:30:03

you helped loads thank you xx

Lemonplum Sat 25-Jun-11 22:25:22

There is a new nursery opening in LS in Sept in between the infant school (Manor Field) and Middle School (St Marys) - Schools are all generally good Aslacton, Forncett, St Marys and Tasburgh would all cater to you well.

The health visitor centre for young children and support groups around here are very good - pop into my shop when you're up here and I can point you in the right direction www.lemonplumshop.co.uk

snorfolkwonder Tue 02-Aug-11 07:49:39

well, how did it go?

womanwholivedinashoe Tue 02-Aug-11 21:56:47

Hi hun, just posted on your older mum thread. Move went really well, loving being out in the sticks but also takes a lot of getting used too smile

OnlyWantsOne Wed 03-Aug-11 07:44:08

Where abouts did you end up?

It will take some readjustment smile but it will be ok.

womanwholivedinashoe Wed 03-Aug-11 09:31:14

In Great Moulton (teeny village) just 3 miles from Long Stratton smile very happy with move and just starting to get settled in smile

PesoMama Thu 18-Aug-11 16:49:59

Welcome to Norfolk! I moved to Forncett St Peter from London 6 years ago and it was a bit of a culture shock! I went to Long Stratton shopping sometimes. There are some great places around that area, farm shops and such. No idea about schools as I had a tiny prem baby when I lived there and now live in another part of Norfolk. Hope you are settling in well.smile

chesky Sat 20-Aug-11 13:26:44

A good group in Diss, that is not to far from Long Stratton is baby Imps. I have my second baby now and this is the only group i have taken both my children to and they both love it. Once your child has grown out of the baby group there is a Toddler imps group and this is even better and more fun for children. This is a link tho the Face book page about the group.
www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=300629901306

womanwholivedinashoe Sat 10-Sep-11 09:54:16

Sorry for the delay Chesky, only just saw this. Have added the facebook group smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now