Local Talk

Coffee, cakes and kids

(4 Posts)
Johnnyangel Mon 09-Apr-12 15:04:54

Hi Im a mum of 2 looking to start up my own coffee shop geared towards parents and children. It will have homemade cakes, sandwiches, healthy kids meals and most importantly a large childrens play area with toys and activities. I've often found myself at a loss of what to do with the kids when the weather isn't great or even just somewhere nice to meet other mums for lunch without worrying about disturbing other diners. Softplay isn't a great option for me as my kids are both too young to play alone and the food at soft play is often limited in quality and usually involves chips!
I'd welcome any feedback from other mums out there on what they would look for in a child friendly eatery.
Thanks

irvinemum Mon 09-Apr-12 20:43:37

Anything arty or messy is good and the overheads do normal cost a lot from painting to paper mache to plaster hands things children can not at then makes mess even family cooking class would be good

Macdog Fri 27-Apr-12 13:39:59

There used to be a brilliant one in Troon: CGulls. They had a colouring area, toy area and books.
I loved going there, but then they gradually took away the play areas to get more tables in.
Now it's just like any other cafe sad
There is also one I'm Ayr that has got soft play and mini cinema
I'd like quieter non-soft play type cafe with colouring, books and activity stuff

Macdog Fri 27-Apr-12 13:42:24

I would def go somewhere with healthy food.
CGulls in Troon does, or used to do, lovely soups, pasta and toasties as well as home baking.

Where would you be thinking about for starting the business?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now