Local Talk

Hello N. Ayshire Peeps

(24 Posts)
GleamingInStevenston Tue 13-Nov-12 19:04:00

We've finally got talk! I know some of you have had meets etc., but now that we've got our lovely new Local Talk, thought I could introduce myself and you could tell us about yourselves... am kind've hoping I'm not going to be the only person on this local site

I'm from Glasgow, but just moved to Stevenston after 30 years in England, mostly in Guildford, Farnham and the last 15 in Cheltenham. I sadly don't have children of my own, but am auntie and anti-god-parent to a number of children. I am at the older end of middle age, have worked with children with SN, as a librarian, as a consultant advising universities on their business practices. I like food (cooking and eating), wine, books, music.

I would like to meet people around here

Hope to hear from you

KilwinningMacdog Tue 13-Nov-12 19:59:25

Hi there! I'm not far away.

I'd love to meet up for coffee and a blether

I've been away from MN recently, but hoping to be around more smile

GleamingInStevenston Wed 14-Nov-12 16:32:17

Hello Kilwinning Macdog - how lovely to have company and you're not far away at all, yes let's meet for a coffee, are you a long time local or like me and just got here?

Are you free next week - do you fancy Dalgarven Mill for coffee (and possibly cake) it's sort of between us, but if you need to be nearer home, then I am happy to come to you.

I've got to get my kitchen ripped out in a bid for a new one before Chrstmas and I think a coffee and cake break will be well deserved - have to warn you I am a bit of a house bore at the moment, but you can just tell me to shut up when you're ears start to blled smile

KilwinningMacdog Wed 14-Nov-12 18:00:17

I've lived here nearly all my life!
Would be great to have coffee, Dalgarven is ace!
I'll check what day is best next week, but should be fine grin

GleamingInStevenston Wed 14-Nov-12 18:59:29

Brilliant, a real local! I have a, not so secret, hope that you'll know where local things are... but first of all making contact would be fab. Let me know when you've had a chance to check your diary, I can be available pretty much anytime, excepting the need to talk to the people with skills who are going to sort out my kitchen and even then, that can be organised around my availability

Looking forward to it - will have to think about how I describe myself so that you'll recognise me smile

KilwinningMacdog Sat 17-Nov-12 22:16:13

No problem. Looking forward to it. smile

KilwinningMacdog Thu 10-Jan-13 17:00:52

Ok, sorry about lack of communications folks. I tink we got hit by every bug going over Christmas.
Lets get this going again grin

yay1975 Thu 10-Jan-13 20:02:11

I,ve not been on 4 ages nice to see lots new and old people on here 4 once as dead lot of the time I,m a stay home mum so i have a lot time on my hands at the moment so i,m up 4 tea coffee walking bike etc all welcome to join me. I,m in 37 so i,m older mum but i,m full of fun im know as intolooper lol cos i,m from England but now live in north Ayrshire i do have lots friend but always nice to meet more people from different backgrounds and all walks of life take care all.

GleamingInStevenston Wed 06-Feb-13 20:34:54

Shall we start with a meet then, how about Eglington Country Park or Dalgarven Mill?

GleamingInStevenston Wed 06-Feb-13 20:35:30

and how about Wednesday 13th or Wednesday 20th February?

yay1975 Wed 06-Feb-13 23:04:13

13th Eglington Country Park sound good to me sound like a plan to me smile

GleamingInStevenston Thu 07-Feb-13 18:43:34

Hurray! yay1975 that's you and me for sure, what time would suit you? I presume there's a coffee place we could meet in. Anyone else want to come and play?

GleamingInStevenston Thu 07-Feb-13 18:49:56

Also, if anyone fancies coming, but is stuck for transport, I could provide a lift - so long as you have carseats or anything else you need to make my ancient VW Golf suitable grin.

I have started a thread on chat in case it attracts the notice of anyone else who might not have made it to 'local' yet

KilwinningMacdog Thu 07-Feb-13 19:37:50

I'm in for Wednesday 13th.
What time?

KilwinningMacdog Thu 07-Feb-13 19:39:01

There is a nice cafe in Eglinton, at the park centre.
What about 11?

GleamingInStevenston Thu 07-Feb-13 19:51:54

That would be fab Macdog , but if we want Yay to join us, Thursday's better for her... but I am cool with either or both - could meet you on Wed and Yay on Thursday - would be nice to make a little group if you're free on Thursday though

KilwinningMacdog Thu 07-Feb-13 21:16:19

Ok. Thursday great for me!

GleamingInStevenston Thu 07-Feb-13 21:35:25

Brilliant - 11 am, Eglinton Park cafe, you, me and Yay - I'll make an A4 sign saying N Ayrshire MNers.. and get there early

will pm you my mobile number in case of crises

GleamingInStevenston Thu 07-Feb-13 21:50:08

So, Macdog, yay and I are meeting at 11 in the cafe at Eglinton - would any other N. Ayrshire people like to join us? I am going to go back through the few PMs I have to invite anyone who has made contact - but we're all new to each other, so if you're peeping round the door, please march on in and join us!

KilwinningMacdog Wed 13-Feb-13 14:10:41

Just checking everything still ok for tomorrow.
I've for appt at Central Hospital, ill come along after. Shouldn't make difference to time. I'll text if I'm running late grin

KilwinningMacdog Wed 13-Feb-13 16:59:36

Have hit a possible snag. Dd bit poorly. Hoping she's just tired. Gleaming I'll text you once I know for sure if she's off school tomorrow.
Hope you and Yay are both ok smile

GleamingInStevenston Wed 13-Feb-13 17:19:10

Everything is fine for tomorrow, KilwinningMac hope your DD is OK and you manage to join us, but toally understand if it all gets too difficult, especially as you also have a hospital appointment - we can do it again next week if you fancy.

Now have Yay on Facebook will double check she is still up for tomorrow - good luck with DD and the hosp

KilwinningMacdog Thu 14-Feb-13 20:10:33

Hope you had fun today ladies smile
Dd was better, but I was completely shattered. I wouldn't have been great company anyway.

GleamingInStevenston Sat 16-Feb-13 10:27:20

We did, hope you're feeling better now and will be up to joining us for the next outing

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now