Local Talk

hi

(12 Posts)
alisona27 Sun 17-Feb-13 20:39:01

Hi any mums from kilbirnie !?:-):-):-)

GleamingInStevenston Tue 19-Feb-13 16:29:40

I am not a mum, but I am child friendly - I'm in Stevenston and am hoping to meet up with ColG from Kilbirnie next week at Dalgarven Mill for a walk by the river and a coffee and most probably a cake if you happen to be free on Thursday or Friday morning - it'll be the first time any of us have met

alisona27 Tue 19-Feb-13 19:31:10

Hi i replied to ur msg by private mai do u work with kids x

GleamingInStevenston Tue 19-Feb-13 20:02:52

I used to a long time ago - at a place for children with epilepsy and severe behaviour disorders in Lingfield in Surrey - I ran a unit for 16-19 year old boys - I also have a niece and a nephew, a step-niece and a step-nephew and several ungod-children...

alisona27 Tue 19-Feb-13 20:50:43

Aw snds like uv been really great with kids do u know much about the other mum ur meeting with from kilbirnie

GleamingInStevenston Tue 19-Feb-13 23:38:17

I have messaged you, but the other mum has teenagers and sounds like a lovely person. I am totally comfortable about meeting her - I met another lovely MN person last week and we walked and talked and it was fine, both of them are now facebook friends - I have PM'd you my details - all this meeting 'random' people from the internet can be a bit scary, but my policy is to meet in a public place and if you can check out their FB presence (or otherwise see into their lives a bit) your gut feeling will help you decide whether we're 'real' or not

cas1979 Sun 24-Feb-13 10:29:52

Hiya everyone i am new on this sight, i am not from kilbirnie but live in dalry. I have 2 school aged daughters. I would like to meet knew friends

ColG Wed 27-Feb-13 12:23:25

Hi Cas and Alison,

It would be great if you would like to join Gleaming and I for our coffee later this week (oh wow, is it really Wednesday already?!).

I can offer you a ride if you need? I can't see how to PM you, but if you can figure it out please PM me and we can exchange details.

My kids are 13 and 17, both boys, and of course both think they know everything about everything and mum knows nothing. I'm divorced, my ex lives in Aberdeen with a biddie-in from hell (split up our marriage) and her kids, so my kids are made to feel like they're not as important. Oh don't get me started, I will just never understand how men don't always put their kids first.

I look forward to hearing from you smile
Col

yay1975 Wed 27-Feb-13 21:19:52

Hi girls get busy in here not been in here 4 few weeks nice to see new faces in the room and old 1 i met up GleamingInStevenston she a very lovely kind lady your ever meet we will all have to do a meet soon as their more people on now smile

GleamingInStevenston Mon 04-Mar-13 08:44:16

Oh, thanks Yay! Anyone fancy a walk and coffee at Dalgarven Mill on Wednesday or Thursday? (I put this first as I fancy the river walk), I am also free to go the place Yay suggested in Irvine either instead or as well, I haven't been there, but it sounds good.

KilwinningMacdog Thu 07-Mar-13 19:28:28

Just a quick hello!
I'm in Kilwinning

yay1975 Fri 08-Mar-13 22:37:15

Hello

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now