Local Talk

Stepps

(3 Posts)
Anniebmummy Fri 12-Jul-13 22:55:17

Hello all, I am hoping someone here could help us out.
My husband and I are looking for a new house. We were looking at Bishopbriggs/Lenzie but a bit of a stretch for us financially. We have noticed houses in Stepps are a bit cheaper but we know very little about the place except for taking a drive through and it seems pretty nice. Schools are very important to us as our little girl would be going to primary next year (denominational). Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

harrietchild12 Thu 18-Jul-13 13:26:00

Annniebmummy, came across your post and thought I would reply as I live in Stepps! We moved there around 11 years ago, and are in our second house in the area. My children are at Stepps Primary & Chryston High. I would definitely recommend the area, we had no connection with the area when we moved, like yourself, looking for a suitable house, suitably priced! We also looked in Bishopbriggs (where I grew up) and Lenzie, as well as other areas. I would say I much prefer living in Stepps to Bishopbriggs. Although a larger area now with many new houses, it has quite a good community feel and quite a lot going on (sports clubs, groups, etc), with lots of local activities for kids. I believe Stepps Primary nursery school has a good reputation and pretty confident that St Joseph's Primary is a good school as know a lot of children that attend. Stepps Primary has improved a lot over the past few years, in my opinion!, and has a recently appointed headmaster (around 18 months or so I guess) and he is excellent. Train station runs twice/hour to Glasgow, bus service isn't great! Chryston High has a lovely new building and after completing 1st year, my daughter is happy there and has had no problems. Let me know if you would like any more specific information and I will try to answer. Hope this helps.

freddyfox Wed 07-Aug-13 09:28:55

Hi just thought I would reply, be careful where you pick in Stepps area as some of it falls into Glasgow city council and some parts are North Lanarkshire. We looked at the new Development off John Dewar road and found out that they come under Glasgow and as a result your kids would need to attend school in Garthamlock or else try a placing request. The lady then told us the next stage of their development will fall into NL which means you can send your kids to school in Stepps. We are hoping to move there when the new ones are built as our daughter is at Chryston Primary and thats in NL.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now