Local Talk

Anyone else with a DD 2/3 years old?

(12 Posts)
Elinda Sat 08-Oct-11 22:04:29

Well the topic says it all!

Looking for someone else with a 2/3 yo in Stoke.

seashelles Thu 19-Jan-12 13:59:21

hi, i only just joined.. i have a 2&half year old daughter..what about u.? im from blurton btw...

I have a one and a half year old and we're from longton xx

mumsachocoholic Fri 17-Feb-12 08:12:40

Hi laura.. seems like we stokies are a right minority on here.

i know! seems that way, i've only just started coming back on here really, i'm 34 weeks pregnant with my second so feeling a bit more lonely at the min! My other half is out tonight and I am a tad jealous haha x

JoJoH1 Fri 17-Feb-12 21:30:44

hi, i have a 19month old dd . live in Biddulph.

Hi JoJoH1 do you go any groups or does your little one go to nursery? was thinking of talking my dd to nursery soon but not sure on the best place to take her x

JoJoH1 Fri 17-Feb-12 21:47:09

hi Laura, Daughter goes to nursery two days a week and my mums 1 day while i am at work then we have two days together doing a mix of things signed up for classes at childrens centre, my baby time etc. I read about some nurseries on the ofsted website but got my daughters nursery of a recommendation at a baby class. Has she been with you at home for the last 2 years?

i'm taking her to a mum and toddler group next tuesday thats down the road at her potential primary school, i like the sound of a nursery in fenton called bizzy bods that was recommended to me too by a friend, she's 16months old and she's been at home with me so far. i'm due on the 3rd april so will need a bit of breathing space while the new baby is here but as I'm not at work right now its going to be expensive! also my family aren't available to babysit so they've never had her and my friends don't have children so i'm a bit on my own with it all haha xx

JoJoH1 Fri 17-Feb-12 22:10:38

hope the group goes well dd loves them starts of shy then gets really into them. nursery costs can be very expensive but can see that a bit of mum and baby time is essential until your up and running and they do wonders for your daughters confidence and development. money can be tight but just lovely for you to be at home with your girls so enjoy! Are you all ready for number 2?

JoJoH1 Fri 17-Feb-12 22:13:51

forgot to say it is tough when no one is around to give you a hand or just listen. dp and i have been out twice on our own since dd was born both times for my birthdays so a year apart one for a meal when was 6 months and this year to the pictures and she was 18 months!

it is hard and its stressful too but when she goes to sleep at night and i have 5 to myself it just makes me smile all the little things she does! she's learnt and walk in the room, spin around and say 'surprise!' and i have no idea where she's had it from either so its even funnier! we've left everything to the last minute with number 2 to be honest, i'm panicking slightly as we don't even have the pushchair! and we haven't thought of a name yet...oh dear...do you just have the one so far? thinking of having anymore?? x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now