Local Talk

primary school admissions

(6 Posts)
juedanlil Mon 07-May-12 18:59:04

Hi anybody having trouble with primary school places. My dd is currently at glebe but has been refused a place in reception . It's a nightmare Xx

JiltedJohnsJulie Wed 09-May-12 12:14:05

Sorry to hear you are having problems jue. Haven't really got much to add as our DD started n Reception last year at a different primary but it is fraught isn't it! If you want any advice on appealing I've always found the MN Primary Schools (in talk) section very.

Hopefully, this will bump for you smile.

hellyd Thu 10-May-12 13:44:29

Hi Jue
awful isn't it, where has she been offered?
we didn't get a nursery place but did manage to get a reception place, the stress that letter causes is dreadful.
Have you asked to go on the waiting list for Glebe?
I agree with above have a look on the Primary schools section they seem to know their stuff and good luck
xx

JiltedJohnsJulie Thu 10-May-12 13:51:43

Asking about the waiting list is a good idea. I know a couple of years ago a friend wanted to get her DD into the Willows, can't remember where she was offered but she didn't get the Willows. She put her DD on the waiting list and they called her at about 8.30am on the first day of term to say that she had now got a place!

juedanlil Thu 10-May-12 18:44:14

Hi ladies its horrid , never been so stressed I gave posted on the other one. It's great. She been offered heroncross. Where is your reception place , think been loads of upset people all over city. I have put her on waiting list for glebe and Christchurch . 9 on glebe and 6 on Christchurch . Have taken my appeal for glebe in so my fingers crossed Xx

JiltedJohnsJulie Sun 13-May-12 09:51:05

Good luck with your appeal. Hope you got plenty of advice on the MN Primary Schools section smile.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now