Home Ed. Stoke-on-trent. Need your advice please.

(4 Posts)
oktimetodoit Thu 21-Apr-16 12:08:02

Hello I have been considering home educating my son for some time now but have constantly put it off due to lack of confidence in myself to do it. I have had many issues with my Dc's school and my Ds is now in Y6 and is feeling the pressures of the SAT's testing which is around the corner. I am literally on the verge of printing off my letter to de-register Ds and go and collect him. BUT I know that as soon as I have my confidence will wain again and I will panick! Please can someone give me direction before I do that?

oktimetodoit Sat 23-Apr-16 19:30:56

Anyone?? Or is there anyone in surrounding areas? Please

Saracen Sat 23-Apr-16 20:58:34

Hi! I don't know the area but have had a look online.

On Facebook there is a group called "Stoke Home Ed Park Meet Up". Looks like you have to request permission to join - you may have to exchange a few emails or have a phone chat etc, which is done to weed out unwanted journalists or others who don't have a genuine personal interest in HE.

Also I found hestaffs.WordPress.com/local-he-groups/ which looks useful.

If you don't get any joy with those, don't hesitate to post back and I will ask around and find a contact for you.

oktimetodoit Sat 23-Apr-16 22:56:59

Thank you Saracen. I don't mind the emails and chats that's fine by me.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now