Local Talk

Anybody pregnant in Stoke???

(15 Posts)
JennieP Mon 04-Aug-08 17:01:54

Hi,

Im having my first and am about 19 weeks gone... My EDD is new years eve!!! Am working full time and havent had chance to do any aquanaal etc....

Am starting to think Im the only pregnant person in Stoke.... Anyone else out there???

MelT76 Mon 04-Aug-08 20:39:13

Hi Jennie.

You are not the only Stokey here. I'm in stoke and know about 6 pregnant folks in the area, although I don't know if they are all on here.

I only have 6 weeks to go now. This site is great for finding out all you need to know.

JennieP Tue 05-Aug-08 14:38:24

Yea, it seams good. All is pretty daunting at the moment.... Went to a back calss this morning so met some people there....

Is this your first? Have you been working throughout?

Im working and am finding it really difficult at the moment.

Thanks for the reply. smile

MelT76 Tue 05-Aug-08 15:19:49

It is my first (and I want it over with right now!)

I got made redundant in June so have been taking it easy since, but am soooo bored now. I did find being at work kept me slightly sane. All anyoe wants to know now is how the baby is. Sounds horrible but Im a bit fed up of just baby talk and want some 'normal' conversation.

Dimensions do an aqua natal clas on a Thurs night 7-8, not made it myself yet but there is still time!

JennieP Thu 07-Aug-08 19:30:54

Yea I was thinking of goin but I darent go on my own... Im a big wuss when it comes to stuff like that!!

I know what you mean about baby talk... And then theres the millions of books....

All my customers are now wanting regular updates too.... Im no longer a human Im a baby making machine!!!

Been really worried this week though 'cos a friend of mine lost her baby... since then I cant settle... which is silly I know....

How u feeling about the labour? Got a plan done?

unknownrebelbang Thu 07-Aug-08 19:38:09

No, but I was this time 10 years ago wink.

MelT76 Thu 07-Aug-08 21:42:46

Sort of. Have just been for 2nd anti natal class. Was quite useful really. At least I know what I don't want grin I think the only thing Im worried about is all the building work thats going on at the hospital is right outside the labour rooms. Have visions of being on all fours on the bed and the builders watching thru the window blush

islandofsodor Tue 19-Aug-08 13:58:40

I'll tell them to close their eyes!!!!

(I work for one of the contractors up at the hospital)

MelT76 Tue 19-Aug-08 15:48:40

Thanks. My DPs company are also doing work there. Luckily not outside the Materity block tho. grin

islandofsodor Tue 19-Aug-08 16:05:56

Wonder if I know the company? I work in the offices of a "mechanical services" contractor I know of most of the builders/electrical/ductwork companies even if I don;t personally deal with them.

MelT76 Tue 19-Aug-08 16:17:24

They are doing the lead work on the roof.

mybumpsaboy Wed 17-Sep-08 21:48:19

hi, I'm pregnant in Stafford which is pretty close! Due around Christmas. Just become a single mummy too - v scary!!!

MelT76 Thu 18-Sep-08 09:55:20

Hi mybumpsaboy Hope you are doing ok. Don't worry about being a single mummy, lots of people are and manage just as well, if not better, than 2! You should have a wonderful Christmas tho!!!!

Im due today but no signs of anything happening yet.

Saggarmakersbottomknocker Thu 18-Sep-08 09:58:16

I'm in Stoke but definitely not pregnant.

Today is a good day to be born - tis sunny and it's my birthday smile Good luck!

MelT76 Thu 18-Sep-08 11:54:58

Thanks Saggar and Happy Birthday.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now