Local Talk

New Mums

(6 Posts)
Gatenewbie Tue 15-Jan-13 10:26:58

Hello!

Apologies if I have the wrong thread, am new on Mumsnet.

I moved to Harrogate recently and am due to become a mum in March. Just wondered if there is anyone out there who would be willing to meet up?

I am a little daunted at the prospect of giving up work, being on maternity leave etc.., so any advice would be great! Also, it doesn't all have to be parent type stuff either!

Thank you

discparkin Tue 15-Jan-13 22:23:06

Hi Gatenewbie - there's a regular Netmums meet-up in Harrogate - you can find them through the Netmums website or on Facebook, where they are called Harrogate Mums. I found it a great place for making friends with similar aged children when I first moved to Harrogate. Feel free to contact me if you need any information about the area. My children are older, so you'd probably want to meet mums in the same situation as yourself, but I'd be happy to take you along to a playgroup I go to, where there are mums and mums-to-be.

EmmaMumsnet Wed 16-Jan-13 11:49:11

Welcome to Mumsnet Gatenewbie and congratulations on your pregnancy. You have put the thread in the right place. Obviously, we'd MUCH prefer you to stay on Mumsnet, there's lots of helpful advice on our main site from other mums, eg here [http://www.mumsnet.com/Talk/antenatal_clubs], and our Local sites are growing all the time. If you would like me to make you a meet-ups page like this [http://local.mumsnet.com/norwich/group-meet-ups/norwich-centre] for Harrogate, just private message me (click on message poster). If you'd rather keep it informal, just leave your thread here and hopefully you'll soon get some replies. Good luck.

discparkin Wed 16-Jan-13 13:39:18

Whoops - I seem to have offended by mentioning the "other place" wink. They don't have to be mutually exclusive though.

Gatenewbie Wed 16-Jan-13 17:24:19

ha ha!

Thanks for the responses. Feel very welcome.

Am running around like a lunatic at the moment - just moved house, so will sign up to FB (sorry) as soon as I get a minute!

discparkin - thanks for the offer of meeting up, would be great! smile

HelenMumsnet Thu 17-Jan-13 12:19:58

discparkin

Whoops - I seem to have offended by mentioning the "other place" wink. They don't have to be mutually exclusive though.

Hello discparkin. We absolutely agree that Mumsnet and Netmums don't have to be mutually exclusive, and we're well aware that many Mumsnetters are also members of Netmums. No problem with that at all (although, as EmmaMumsnet has already, we'd obviously much prefer you spent the majority of your online time on Mumsnet. We'd be silly not to!)

Where we do have a little issue, though - as we hope you already know from the very friendly mail we sent you t'other day - is with anyone using a Mumsnet discussion thread that's all about meet-ups to recruit for meet-ups organised by Netmums.

We don't think it's unreasonable of us to feel this way - and we're sure Netmums would feel the same way, were Mumsnetters doing the same on a Netmums thread.

Apols for highjacking your thread Gatenewbie - hope you're enjoying Mumsnet!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now