Local Talk

Are you from the Richmond or Catterick Area?

(11 Posts)
LillethTheCat Tue 05-Feb-13 10:40:45

Hi,

Im local Mumsnet Volunteer to arrange group meet ups in Richmond and Catterick area. If you are interested please pop over to the local groups meet up page here and say hi.

Once Ive got more than just me I can get something arranged smile

ConstantVigilance Sat 09-Feb-13 12:55:53

Hi, I am in Thirsk. I am mostly a lurker but would love to come out of hiding and meet some local Mumsnetters smile

LillethTheCat Sat 09-Feb-13 13:04:09

Constant I go to Thirsk every Thursday for a course, its certainly do-able. Ive got another thread going here There are a couple of people from Ripon on that thread. Although most are from York and I think they might be organising a York meet-up soon. So if you can get there (its a bit far for me) that's something to consider perhaps?

Im trying to get people over to the North Yorkshire local bit as linked in my first post so we can organise something. Im thinking of Thirsk, Ripon, Northallerton area.

Catbag Sun 10-Feb-13 10:48:25

Hi Lilleth
I am looking to be a volunteer for the Leyburn and Dales area. I hoping that there is enough of a demand in this area, but if not, what do you think about amalgamating the two groups?

LillethTheCat Sun 10-Feb-13 10:59:28

Definately Catbag TBH Im not sure that there will be much interest over each little group anyway. We need a big North Yorkshire meet up. I tried to set one up in chat and got loads from York, which was nice, but York's a bit far for me to meet up.

Leyburn isn't far for me at all.

Catbag Sun 10-Feb-13 11:02:06

York's a bit far for me too. I have 17 week old twins and so don't really go too far away if I can help it!

LillethTheCat Sun 10-Feb-13 11:06:30

I felt a bit bad saying that York was too far for me as I started the thread as I did just state North Yorkshire, but I was thinking more like Northallerton, Thirsk, Leyburn etc.

There were a couple of people from Ripon too and someone from Northallerton. I was trying to get more people over to the local North Yorkshire board to maybe get some chat going in the friendship bench, but not getting anywhere with it.

Catbag Sun 10-Feb-13 13:07:55

Hmm, North Yorkshire is quite big though, that's the problem! I am pretty sure that you are the only other mumsnetter that I have come across that is in my neck of the woods, so to speak. The army wives in Catterick seem to spend more time buying stuff from each other on the Buy/ Sell/ Swap Catterick page on Facebook. We should persist nevertheless.

LillethTheCat Sun 10-Feb-13 13:14:22

After I wrote my last post, I saw that there were people on the friendship bench (which you have wrote on too) so at least there are people somewhere. I think that the new local section is still not very well known about just yet. Though I do think there is a disadvantage to us as North Yorkshire is full of little towns. Looks like I will have to be prepared to travel a bit for any meet-ups, which is fine really.

Catbag Sun 10-Feb-13 13:47:57

I think that MN looking for volunteers is part of them starting to raise the profile of the local sub-sites. I hope so, anyway. This could be a bit of an up-hill battle otherwise!

LillethTheCat Sun 10-Feb-13 17:22:54

Hopefully more and more people will come on once its been going a while.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now