Local Talk

Harrogate Primary School Admission

(3 Posts)
saramom3 Mon 18-Mar-13 18:24:51

Hello. We moved to Harrogate in Feb. from outside the UK and are currently in a temporary flat until we find a house that we like. Housing choices are limited at this time of year but we had found one we were ready to sign a lease with but have been turned down by 4 of the closest schools, saying they were full. Our first choices were Western and Grove Road (of course, I know, both very popular schools) but they are the closest non-religious schools to the house. At this point I have given up getting my children into school for the rest of this school year. My question is, what is the chances of getting into one of these schools for the next school year? Is there enough movement over the summer that there may be places available? Has anyone else had a similar experience? At the start of the next school year my children will be in Year 1, 3 and 6. Basically trying to decide if we should go ahead and sign a lease on a house that may not have schools available for my children sad

HighCockalorum Wed 20-Mar-13 15:47:20

I don't know about Western and Grove road but my dcs are at another primary in Harrogate, in my ds's reception last year 4 children left and 7 joined mid year. I'm sure this must be the case in most schools. Fingers crossed for you, it must be very stressful.

discparkin Sat 13-Apr-13 22:26:59

Seen this really late, so probably no use, but I know that the catchment for Western is really bizarre (my friend lives less than 100 yards away, but is not in catchment because it's the wrong side of the road), so you'd need to check the boundaries. I think that spaces do come up at even the most popular schools, so fingers crossed.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now