Anyone know brackenfield?

(3 Posts)
Tempotots Sat 23-Apr-16 20:11:17

We are moving to Harrogate from London in June and we don't know anyone. My husband is staying in London for a few more months so I'll be with the kids alone. I know all the schools in the area are great but we are just about to enrol our eldest at brackenfield. She's three and is very shy but happy and creative and we felt that the small family atmosphere would be good for her. Her brother will join next year when he turns two. Cannot find any reviews on the internet about the school. Just wondered if anyone could tell me a little more if you have experience of the school? Thanks!

NessaYork Sat 14-May-16 06:28:39

Brackenfield is a gem of a school. My children are at a school outside of York but they play fixtures with Brackenfield from time to time. It has always struck me as being a great school, very very caring and very creative. They do incredibly well each year at the annual Harrogate Music Festival (which attracts musical talent from all over Yorkshire, as far afield as Hull, Halifax and Huddersfield). The children themselves are always just delightful. The head took over in the last couple of years (I think she was director of studies before that?) and so the school is on a good 'upswing' in terms of its offer. You know - new head, new broom, new way of doing things - by all reports it's very positive. I have no doubt your dd and ds will thrive there.

solarfish Sat 14-May-16 07:28:31

My DC are at Brackenfield and very happy there. It's a lovely school and they take good care of the children. The lead teachers in the nursery and pre-nursery have been at the school a long, long time (the nursery head has children whose mothers she looked after!) and are both excellent. If you have any specific questions, let me know.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now