Preschool or private nursery

(5 Posts)
jackiepars Sun 15-May-16 01:12:53

Hi there
Moving to Harrogate in December with our 4 year old and 2 year old. I hope to work 2-3days per week in Leeds. We haven't found a house rental yet though hope to be in a village to the south of the town.
Does anyone have advice about preschools or nurseries in the area? A preschool would be nice as often make the transition to primary school easier but most tend to be 9am to 3pm term time only? Unless any offer wrap around care? As I hope to work such a short day wouldn't work so I expect to need a nursery that has a preschool programme. Anyone got any tips on either preschools or nurseries?

discparkin Sun 15-May-16 23:45:54

Heard good things about Burn Bridge pre-school, which is in a village south of Harrogate. Mine were very happy at Woodlands Day Nursery and Oatlands Pre-School in Harrogate. Treetops (near Hornbeam Park) is a private nursery but with more pre-school type hours I believe - think it has a long waiting list because it is small and supposed to be lovely.

jackiepars Mon 16-May-16 01:08:45

Thanks discparkin. Will check these out thanks. Did your wee one have some days at the Preschool and some at Woodlands for flexibility or just attend one?

discparkin Tue 17-May-16 22:08:24

I started with Woodlands with DS1 because they didn't have a space at Pre-School, then I got offered a couple of mornings, so I did both. I kept this up with DS2 and DD as I liked the flexibility of one longer day, but when the DSs went to school, I just changed DD to Pre-School because it was near school. They were quite different settings, but I really liked both of them. DD is 6 now, so it has been a couple of years since she left.

dectjoh Thu 22-Sep-16 12:37:04

If you are living on the south side of Harrogate and driving to Leeds you ought to consider Gateways in Harewood. Their nursery takes from 2 years old and is excellent. After 2 they move into Pre-Reception which is focussed on preparation for school the following year ie education not childcare. Their Reception classes are very small and the staff are excellent. Wrap around care is also available. Hope that helps!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now