Relocation from Norfolk to Yorkshire!!!

(6 Posts)
firefly1980 Fri 15-Jul-16 18:43:51

Hello!!! I am possibly moving from my homeland Norfolk to Yorkshire with my partners job, I'm freaking out a little as I've never moved from here before!! & with 2 littles it's even more important to find the right area. Any Yorkshire experts out there? We need to be within 30 ish miles of Normanton which is where his job will be, I don't want to be too isolated but don't necessarily want the hustle and bustle of a massive town, it's really important tho that I make some friends and get involved in a community & also my boy will be starting school next year so need a lovely primary school too... Too much to ask?!?! Thanks xx

janeyjampot Fri 15-Jul-16 19:22:11

Hello, to get the ball rolling I'm going to suggest Monk Fryston, which is a large village on the way to Selby, so east of Normanton (assuming Normanton, Wakefield as I don't know another!). I haven't lived in Monk Fryston myself but I have lived nearby and it seems a very nice village with a lot going on.

Further afield there's Selby, which I think it is fair to say has not had an easy past but is on the way up. Further still York is fabulous, but may be too big and too far.

Good luck!

firefly1980 Fri 15-Jul-16 20:05:38

Lovely, will take a look smile Yh I had read some not so great stuff about Selby, but to be fair most places always get one or two bad comments! mainly about 'chavs' lol. hard to get the balance of an OK commute and a lovely family life!! Thanks for responding....

uggmum Fri 15-Jul-16 21:13:35

I live 1 mile from Normanton in Altofts.
It has a great community feel. Good schools, 1 mile from a great town centre. All the amenities that you need.
Lovely walks from the door (canal towpath)

Ideally placed to get to Wakefield or Leeds with a train station in Normanton.

Any questions then feel free to message me.

firefly1980 Sat 16-Jul-16 06:55:44

Thank you smile)

DarcieSpacetoLive Sat 13-Aug-16 21:19:39

How exciting!
There are so many beautiful places on your doorstep from Normanton.
I've recently started a professional organisation business which includes moving-house help and while I build my portfolio I'm offering free help getting unpacked and settled and my other packages are discounted!
I'm also a nanny which full DBS closure etc so if you to go ahead with the move and need any help at all or advice with local companies/removals etc let me know!
Good luck with it all smile
Darcie
www.spacetolivenortheast.com

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now