Local Talk

Any recs for a family friendly pub or restaurant in or south of Northampton?

(14 Posts)

We are meeting some relatives for lunch halfway between ours and theirs, and that is roughly Milton Keynes or possibly Northampton.
We are 4 adults, a 4yo and 2x12mo.
Does anyone have any ideas about somewhere we could meet for a good couple of hours, have a nice lunch, easy to find?
Many thanks in advance!

Eclairwaldorf Fri 02-Mar-12 15:08:44

Bump!

myBOYSareBONKERS Wed 07-Mar-12 19:56:43

There are loads of Harvesters in MK and one just off M1 J15

There is The Mandarin in Northampton near weston favell.
It is a buffet style place with a chocolate fountain and loads of choice of food.
I love it there!

myBOYSareBONKERS Wed 07-Mar-12 20:02:52

yum!! me too!

MyBoy, my favourite part is the puddings! I am dieting atm and don't trust myself to eat just one cake grin

myBOYSareBONKERS Wed 07-Mar-12 20:06:35

one !!! one!!! good grief that's not in my vocabulary!!

grin myBoy, I think we are selling this place pretty well!

HaHa just realised this thread is two weeks old, we may be a bit late grin
Oh well.

OlympicEater Wed 07-Mar-12 20:14:20

My DCs love that place too.

Halfway between MK and Northampton on the A508 there is a pub next to the canal at Stoke Bruerne that is family friendly called the Navigation, nice to walk along the canal if the weather is dry.

Ooh The Mandarin is just down the road from me. Why have I never seen it? Is it new?
I second The Navigation too.

It is in the new bit behind Lidl Stick. It has been there since they made that boulevard smile
<Realises I am not selling the place aswell now>

How the hell have I not noticed it? I must be at Weston Favell centre a million times a week grin
Child friendly you say? Will have to try it this weekend. To support local businesses you understand smile

OlympicEater Thu 08-Mar-12 10:56:07

Its cheaper in the week - their prices go up so weekend more expensive than week; dinner more expensive than lunch.

However IIRC children squeezed in highchairs are free

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now