Local Talk

making new friends in Northampton

(10 Posts)
writerwannabe Sun 25-Mar-12 20:15:29

hi! I am a 38 year old mum - I have a 4 year old and a 2 year old. I am into reading, films, tv such as The Vampire Diaries, True Blood, Game of Thrones, Dexter and The Walking Dead. I also like spiritual books. I would love to meet some new people in Northampton. I moved here some years ago and although I know a few people now, it would be great to make some really good friends with similar interests! Hope to hear from you!

mellyuk76 Mon 26-Mar-12 05:17:25

Hallo there,

I,too,am in need of a friend or two.I'm a miserable & anti-social old boot(just ask my children!) and I don't get out nearly as much as I should.

I have three children of 16,12 and 16 months.The older two can fend for themselves but I would like my little lad to have more interaction with children his own age(his brother and sister are far more interested in the Xbox and going to gigs).

I also like to read,watch movies & TV(let's face it,when you have kids,you've got to get your happy time where you can!).Ideally,I'd rather be going to the theatre,indulging in fine dining or raving every weekend but,even if I had the chance,I feel way too past it these days!

Anyway,I can just about cope with another vampire fanatic if you could put up with my Harry Potter obsession smile

What do you say? smile

Knysna13 Wed 04-Apr-12 22:49:09

Hi there, Someone else looking for friends here.

I have two lo, also 4 and very nearly 2 that keep me very busy. So don't get much time for telly as hubby needs to watch his shows too,lol. I am loving Game of Thrones, even though I am still working my way through Series 1, just finished episode 7 today).

I am a bit of a Potter fan too, I just prefer to read the books before watching the movies, and I just don't seem to get any time to read anymore, so I am afriad I am way behind.

But always happy to be educated further

Hello
I'm a member of a ladies group through Meetup, we do various activities, you meet different people every time, would recommend it, maybe not many mums on there which is going to be difficult for me as I'm due a baby in October so will find it hard to get together with the ladies once little one is here

Hope you find some new friends smile

SomebodySaveMe Sun 07-Oct-12 16:31:39

We have just moved to Northampton and I'm in need of friends!

I love the vampire diaries, reading etc and have 2 DCs 3 and 2 and DSD who is 5.

I work Wednesday, Thursday and Friday but very free any other days and would love to meet people.

Samson138 Tue 19-Nov-13 19:12:55

Hi is there anyone else still looking for new friendships I live in a village in northants and am bored -/;(@& I don't really know anyone and it's quite clickysad as a new outsider... Anyone take pity on a poor 37yr old in need of a laugh?

Samson138 Tue 19-Nov-13 19:50:28

Hi did you have much luck meeting genuine friends on here???

Hello, I am a mother to 2 wonderful daughters, my eldest is 2 an attends nursery. My youngest daughter is 7 months old and at home with me still.
When my eldest was born we attend sure start centre groups, mainly so I could meet new people but I found that due to clicks in the groups, I couldn't form any friendships.

I am 34 and enjoy reading books and watching tv series like Grimm, criminal minds and factual programmes. I love walking and outdoor activities as I grew up in the middle of nowhere, back home in Ireland
:-) I not working currently as on maternity leave, but have plans to be a stay at home mammy.

lilmamarach Wed 24-Sep-14 18:27:40

Hi, I am a full time mother of one who is looking to meet others with young children. I have a son who is 13 months old.
Like the previous post I have also found it hard to form friendships due to clicks within a group. It would be lovely to meet like minded people and start doing things out side of a group.
Hope to hear from you soon

WoottonTots Sun 02-Nov-14 11:44:55

Hi All
Hope you have managed to find some new friends, just wanted to let you know about our baby and toddler group.
Wootton Tots is a playgroup for babies and pre-school children accompanied by parents, grandparents or carers. The group has lots of age appropriate toys, craft activities, stories and singing.
The cost is £2.50 per family, and includes tea /coffee for adults and a healthy snack for the children.
We're at Wootton Trinity Hall, High Street, Wootton, NN4 6LP.
We meet on Tuesdays and Fridays 9.30 – 11.30am (term time).
Everyone’s welcome, come along and make some new friends.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Wootton-Tots/272559036288542?sk=info&ref=page_internal

Hope to see you there
Catherine and Gemma

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now