Local Talk

Moving to grange park, what's it like to live in?

(9 Posts)
SomebodySaveMe Tue 25-Sep-12 19:33:36

We are going to be renting a house from someone DP knows and it's lovely. I don't know much about the area though although it's bound to be better than our shitty council flat in crap area of Milton Keynes!

DS is starting school next year, what is the local school like?

Are there other people nearby who are friendly and would like to meet up? I'm very nervous about moving to a completely new area!

I live in Wootton <it the village next door so to speak>
I have never lived in Grange park, but it is nice from what I have heard, <whispers> its kind of posh, certainly one of the better Northampton areas.
I have heard that the primary school is not great so try and get into a Wootton one if you drive, if its secondary Caroline Chisholm is great, which also has a primary attached.

Just realised your ds hasnt started school yet, My primary recommendations are Wootton Primary, Preston Hedges and Caroline Chisholm primary. Pretty much in any order, they are all very good.
Ds started reception this year at Wootton primary and it has been wonderful. smile

SomebodySaveMe Tue 02-Oct-12 12:41:24

Caroline Chisholm looks amazing. Bit large for 4 year olds first school though I think but definitely great for a secondary.
DS is currently down for Haversham which might still be doable as its on my way to work.

The area is overwhelmingly posh looking! I may have to start getting the DCs some Boden on eBay grin

onetothree Mon 08-Oct-12 20:17:24

We are wootton fields (next door) and love it. Have been going to tumble tots at grange park community centre and think the area is lovely. I think the local primary school is good too from what other mums have said about it.

Have you just got one child? I've got 3 which keep me busy. When are you moving down?

SomebodySaveMe Mon 08-Oct-12 20:25:54

We moved at the weekend. I have DS who is 3 and DD who is 2.

It seems lovely round here. Haven't spoken to anybody yet though.

What age is tumble tots aimed at?

onetothree Mon 08-Oct-12 20:54:31

My b/g twins are in the up to 2 class and then there's a 2-3 class at 11.30 I think on wed. Did you say you work on wed?

There's a nice little mums and tots group on a tue at 9.30 at wootton village hall next to the yeoman pub in wootton. You could try that in the morning, I'll be there with my mil and its £2.

onetothree Mon 08-Oct-12 20:56:49

Sorry getting confused you didn't mention work, I'm getting mixed up with another thread.

Allie74 Wed 23-Jan-13 13:15:11

Ive lived on Grange Park for 9 years and absolutely love it here, the community spirit is lovely and I truly feel very privileged to live in such a wonderful place. There is lots to do if you have children theres a mums and tots group, numerous baby groups and the school is exceptional! The ofsted reports are always outstanding and the teachers there are passionate about their pupils and do so much to encourage them to be the best they can be.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now